Assistance please if possible in downgrading

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by havocxrush, Aug 17, 2016.

1. havocxrush
    OP

havocxrush Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2007
    United States
    Read through everything and trying to figure out exactly what I need to do.
    My version is 9.9.0-26U and I need to know what I can do to install custom firmware on this WITHOUT any retail games / flashcarts (have NO money to spare) - Seeing lots of mixed info when I searched and cant deal with a break. Thank you for any assistance!

2. olec04

olec04 Working on Project Heaven!

Banned
    Apr 10, 2015
    United States
    Trying to downgrade on 11.0 via AM services
    Sliderhax sysupdater 9.2 downgrade files (illegal to link) go to sysupdater downgrade

3. mileyrock2

mileyrock2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    Just completely fallow pilect's guide and format your ds as an extra safety precaution

4. ThisIsDaAccount

ThisIsDaAccount GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Follow this guide and you'll get A9LH, which will get you the most out of your 3ds. If you're at 9.9, you don't need any additional materials other than the system (and a computer + SD reader).

5. havocxrush
    OP

havocxrush Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2007
    United States
    Incredibly appreciated. Downgraded fairly painlessly. Now that im downgraded whats the preffered cfw these days?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Must thank again and again!!! I used a few different guides at the hiccups and it went perfectly smooth\

6. ThisIsDaAccount

ThisIsDaAccount GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2016
    United States
    The preferred one is Luma3ds by far. It is the most convenient one and is still currently being worked on. Also, did you just set up redNAND or did you install A9LH?

Also, make sure any guide you use is up to date. To put that in context, I would advise against using any guide made before May of this year.

Last edited by ThisIsDaAccount, Aug 17, 2016