Assassins Creed 2 doesn't load anymore

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Rebell, Mar 9, 2012.

Mar 9, 2012
  1. Rebell
    OP

Newcomer Rebell Newbie

France
    The game worked just about perfectly for a good amount of time, but now when I try loading my latest save game (I pick continue story mode, don't have any other choice), it just goes back to desktop. I haven't changed anything to the game or AC2.exe.

Windows 7,64bit

2. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    probably a save corruption or something. are u using the cracked version? there is a skidrow crack and an offline server. maybe u can try the skidrow crack version and transfer ur saves of the server version (if u were really using the server version).

or probably there is game corruption for which u will have to reinstall the game. nothing big actually.

3. Rebell
    OP

Newcomer Rebell Newbie

France
    i've now uninstalled and reinstalled the game 3 times, and each t ime i tried a different crack.
    didn't work out :(
    i was originally using the SKIDROW crack, you just had to replace .dll file. it worked until this problem happened.
    now with the offline server method (much more work), didn't work either, same problem. the loading screen just vanishes, game closes and I'm back in windows....

i think i'll just have to drop AC 2 and start with brotherhood :(

4. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    AC2 is the best in the series IMO and besides its starts the whole storyline.
    what if u remove the save files and start all over (i know it sucks). other than that, maybe the copy u have is corrupted.