ROM Hack Asdolo's GBA to 3DS injector does not work with EEPROM 122 save type.

Mark_Lecarde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Any GBA game with the EEPROM v122 save type will refuse to save if you use this injector and play the resulting something. I know that I can generate a footer and use another program, but ... Is there any way, without switching from this injector to other programs, to play such games on 3DS (without emulators)?

If with some games this is acceptable, then you won’t be able to familiarize yourself with the Botkai series at all, since these games require saving to just start.

Please, help...

Last edited by Mark_Lecarde,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put a patch on rom, which should replace the use of the sensor with a combination of buttons.
Patched roms or romhacks can cause the NSUI injector to not identify the game correctly and apply the appropriate save settings. Also, romhacks that don't work on real a Game Boy Advance via flashcart is almost certainly not going to work as a GBA VC injection.

BeatsKiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
I put a patch on rom, which should replace the use of the sensor with a combination of buttons.
NSUI have the option to patch the ROM directly, you need the original game rom and the .ips patch, load the original ROM let NSUI load the database info and then select ips patch and load your .ips patch and then create your cia the created cia should be work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Like TurdPooCharger say NSUI don't detect correctly the save type from patched roms and hackroms, if the game use EEPROM save NSUI applied a automatic patch to make the game properly save.

Mark_Lecarde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
NSUI have the option to patch the ROM directly, you need the original game rom and the .ips patch, load the original ROM let NSUI load the database info and then select ips patch and load your .ips patch and then create your cia the created cia should be work

Like TurdPooCharger say NSUI don't detect correctly the save type from patched roms and hackroms, if the game use EEPROM save NSUI applied a automatic patch to make the game properly save.

Nope, he doesn’t determine the type of saves even with pure rоm. More precisely defines, but sets the type to "None", there is no other option. And I applied the patch directly in the injector, not in advance.

Here is a photo with absolutely pure European rоm. Pure rоm of another region shows the same result.
0Yahq4tZV0E.jpg

Mark_Lecarde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
That would make sense if the edited serial code is setting the save type to SRAM/FRAM 128k when the game wants EEPROM 64k.

Shit. Okay, I'll try again.

That would make sense if the edited serial code is setting the save type to SRAM/FRAM 128k when the game wants EEPROM 64k.
IT WORKED!!!

THANK YOU, GUYS, REALLY THANK YOU!

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries