"arm9loaderhax" Installation Through "2xrsa.html?arm11.bin" Loads Buts Freezes

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by PLZTOHELP, Sep 4, 2016.

1. PLZTOHELP
    OP

PLZTOHELP Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2016
    United States
    I am attempt to install "arm9loaderhax" through this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki on a non-new 3ds xl.

At this point I already:
    - obtained my sysNAND backup "NANDmin.bin"
    - downgraded my 3ds to 2.1.0-4U successfully (says so in settings)
    - prepped SDcard according to https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)

Before this I had followed the instructions line by line. The instruction say to go here: http://dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin

I load it up in the web browser. The site appear to load. Bottom screen flashes once. Then the whole 3ds freezes even the clock at the top. Browser still visible and displaying nothing.

I am fairly new to 3ds homebrew. What am I doing wrong? Please help. Thanks.

EDIT: Solution found! The issue was not initializing data.

Last edited by PLZTOHELP, Sep 4, 2016
  2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    This happens sometimes. After it freezes, try pressing Select, waiting a few seconds, then pressing any other button. You may find a9lh gets installed for you even though you can't see the instructions on your screen.

3. PLZTOHELP
    OP

PLZTOHELP Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2016
    United States
    No dice. Pressing the keys anyways does not work. The OPT.bin does not appear in the a9lh folder (should be there i think when installed?).

Looks like this when it's stuck:

http://imgur.com/a/hB7fh

Any other possibility?

4. AyanamiRei0

AyanamiRei0 GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.

GBAtemp Patron
    AyanamiRei0 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    Did you put the arm9 and arm 11 files in the files9 folder? because I did that when I was trying to set up A9LH on my N3DS XL and that made it freeze

5. TheTheTony

TheTheTony Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2016
    United States
    do you have all the files in the guide, and are they in the right place especially the arm11.bin
    because i think that what is needed

6. PLZTOHELP
    OP

PLZTOHELP Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2016
    United States
    I accidentally did that on my first attempt but currently, both of them in the root directory of SDcard.

The right place is the root of the SDcard yes?

7. AyanamiRei0

AyanamiRei0 GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.

GBAtemp Patron
    AyanamiRei0 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    Yes

8. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Yes on r00t of sd card. You may need to be closer to the router.

9. PLZTOHELP
    OP

PLZTOHELP Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2016
    United States
    I had already corrected that for my last few attempts. It doesn't appear to be the issue.

Are there any other know issues?

10. TheTheTony

TheTheTony Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2016
    United States
  11. PLZTOHELP
    OP

PLZTOHELP Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2016
    United States
  12. Sav3dsNob16

Sav3dsNob16 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    I am on a old 3DS followed the guide backed up my NAND and downgraded to 2.1, however I have tried the initialize for the browser now about 20+ times and nothing, I keep getting the same blip on the bottom screen after I try to open the arm11.bin url. I know it locks up as the : in the clock stops flashing and only a hard power off fixes the frozen 3DS. Are their any other ways than that URL method to get this done?

13. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Either YOU are missing the files or your connection isn't good enough to load the file. Re-check that you have the files and be sure to be on a connection that is stable and at least decent.

14. Sav3dsNob16

Sav3dsNob16 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    Yeah probably not the connection, have tried it on 3 different wifi setups including a portable cellular wifi access point. I was reading somewhere on another site that you should have an arm11.bin and a arm9.bin file on the SD card? I never saw these files in the list of packages your supposed to put on your SD card. I know I went through the steps here https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax at least a few times, could one of the packages be missing a file? Anyone have a listing of all the dirs and files they have on their card that worked?

/arm9loaderhax.bin
    /3ds
    /cias
    /cias/payload

I'll go through the guide once more and make a listing of all the files, maybe I am missing something.

15. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    I mean multiple people said in this thread to make sure you have the arm files on your SD card. The files are 100% DEFINITELY in one of the downloadable zips. Not on pc and I can't remember so can't say which one.

16. offpir

offpir Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    Belgium
    1. Copy the contents of the SafeA9LHInstaller.7z to the root of your SD card
    They are in this zip package.: SafeA9LHInstaller.7z

Quantumcat likes this.
  17. Dreadth1

Dreadth1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2017
    United States
    I have tried "initialize savedata" and nothing. I have done it 20 times or more. Keeps freezes just like the image on top.

18. Cinnamon

Cinnamon GBAtemp Regular

May 2, 2014
    Norway
    Have you checked and double-checked that you have all files required on the 3ds in the correct folders?

19. Sav3dsNob16

Sav3dsNob16 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    I deleted all the files I had, removed the dirs off the SD card and started over, looks like the one archive with the arm9 and arm11 bin files was missing in my original file set. After re-downloading everything and following the instructions carefully I now am part of the club, took my 11.2.0-35U firm old 3ds, was able to use OOThax to get to the Arm9hax with Luna. Thanks guys for leading me in the right direction, when in doubt start over.

Quantumcat likes this.