Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

Tempest228

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to update an9h with dark-samus build, but every time I try to install it using the 3dsx, i just get bounced back to homebrew. Restarting shows the update did not take effect, as the 3ds doesn't shutoff with no sd card.

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to update an9h with dark-samus build, but every time I try to install it using the 3dsx, i just get bounced back to homebrew. Restarting shows the update did not take effect, as the 3ds doesn't shutoff with no sd card.
are you running it in 9.2?

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
updater only updates stage 2
So to recap on recent events;
your updater was recommended before to get screen init to function, which updated stage 2.

These edits were merged to stable repo. For now it's recommended to use stable repo.

Now some time has passed, you have made more edits but to stage 1 and the previous updater can't be used because it can apply stage 1 edits, it's necessary to build from source with the posted make command a few pages back.

However, you suggest for the time being that everyone hold off on updating stage 1 because you are currently making alot of stage 1 edits.

Will you let us now when you think we should update stage 1?

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So to recap on recent events;
your updater was recommended before to get screen init to function, which updated stage 2.

These edits were merged to stable repo. For now it's recommended to use stable repo.

Now some time has passed, you have made more edits but to stage 1 and the previous updater can't be used because it can apply stage 1 edits, it's necessary to build from source with the posted make command a few pages back.

However, you suggest for the time being that everyone hold off on updating stage 1 because you are currently making alot of stage 1 edits.

Will you let us now when you think we should update stage 1?
It's simple: when we should update, he will do a pull request on the main repo.

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have a little strange question...
I'm using aureinand sysnand right now.
When i power on console, screen becomes super bright and black for a moment, then there's no backlight for about 2 seconds, then it sets current brightness of sysnand. Can i somehow "remove" that very bright first moment of powering on console?

Last edited by vexhash,

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a little strange question...
I'm using aureinand sysnand right now.
When i power on console, screen becomes super bright and black for a moment, then there's no backlight for about 2 seconds, then it sets current brightness of sysnand. Can i somehow "remove" that very bright first moment of powering on console?
Switch to an older version that does not have screen init. You really don't need if you you are not using a boot manager.

vexhash

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Switch to an older version that does not have screen init. You really don't need if you you are not using a boot manager.
Well, i was just curious if it's normal or not, because i've seen a bunch of videos of a9lh showcase and none of them had so bright startup...

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i was just curious if it's normal or not, because i've seen a bunch of videos of a9lh showcase and none of them had so bright startup...
It's normal. A lot of the videos were made before screen init and the rest show the boot loaders so you do not see the screen flash.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, that's why. I updated my sysNAND to 10.6 with AuReiNAND. My emuNAND is 9.0, but I don't think it will work?

Edit: Got it working using 9.0 emuNAND

I thought using emunand to install means it's installed in emunand? I must be wrong then if it's working for you!

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not really, the bootloaders usually have screen init built into them, so it isn't a problem :P
Well.... Poop. How many screen init's do we need? That means my system turns the screen on 3 times now. 1 for the A9LH, 1 for the boot loader, and 1 for AuReiNand? Seems like a bit much to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning