Homebrew ARM9Loader -- Technical Details and Discussion

PixelBurst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd recommend the updater, personally, but compiling the branch and reinstalling works too.

I did use the updater, but I wanted to get rid of the glitchy screen that I'm getting on startup now - I saw a comment saying that was already fixed in the branch. I'm having problems getting the .3dsx to actually load though, I keep getting stuck on "exploiting arm9" Tried browserhax, menuhax and the minipasta fix /w browserhax, no joy.

It's safe, I've done it several times now.

Did you have any trouble getting the 3dsx to run?

Last edited by PixelBurst,

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did use the updater, but I wanted to get rid of the glitchy screen that I'm getting on startup now - I saw a comment saying that was already fixed in the branch. I'm having problems getting the .3dsx to actually load though, I keep getting stuck on "exploiting arm9" Tried browserhax, menuhax and the minipasta fix /w browserhax, no joy.
Where can I get this updater

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm not seeing any odd artifacts.

There were some in test Cakes builds, when not everything was set, but those were much larger and disappeared after the firmlaunch.
(Of course, those don't happen now.)

Reactions: peteruk

ThinksAmoral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just wanna report that updating was successful on my old 3ds XL and it showed the splash immediately!

Here's a tiny tutorial for AuReiNAND users who don't wanna scroll back a few pages (this might not be the correct procedure on new 3ds)

This worked for me right now, I installed the original arm9loaderhax a few days ago:
  1. Get installer.zip from here
  2. Rename install.bin to arm9loaderhax.bin
  3. Rename your AuReiNAND arm9loaderhax.bin (to something like arm9loaderhaxRenameMeAfterUpdate.bin)
  4. Copy arm9loaderhax.bin (renamed from installer.bin) and stage0x5C000.bin into the root of the sd card
  5. Boot up your 3ds, press A to update. It'll shut itself off after a really short time.
  6. Put the sd card back into your pc and delete arm9loaderhax.bin and stage0x5C000.bin. You don't need those anymore.
  7. Rename your AuReiNAND arm9loaderhaxRenameMeAfterUpdate.bin back to arm9loaderhax.bin
  8. Boot up your 3ds and you're done!
Thanks to everyone for their hard work on getting this working!

This method worked perfectly for the N3DS :)

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The boot manager does that. Update your A9LH and use the non-screen init version of the boot manager, it fixes the issue.
I guessed that, but I'm going to keep the latest as it will have more support throughout the new updates to the CFW's. I guess he'll ad a sort of menuhax boot image feature or just black's it out using technical knowhow lol

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guessed that, but I'm going to keep the latest as it will have more support throughout the new updates to the CFW's. I guess he'll ad a sort of menuhax boot image feature or just black's it out using technical knowhow lol
I messaged him about the issue yesterday, he said he'll check it out on Monday as he's going to be busy this weekend. But yeah, the older version works with AuReiNAND and even shows the splash screen :P

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I messaged him about the issue yesterday, he said he'll check it out on Monday as he's going to be busy this weekend. But yeah, the older version works with AuReiNAND and even shows the splash screen :P
Cheers for the advise anyway, it's just surprising how far the 3ds scene has come since the announcement of memchunkhax2 and arm9loaderhax etc.

TaintedByte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just posting to also confirm that the installer worked on my n3DSXL, I did not get anything on screen with the installer (as others have reported) but I pressed A and then it shut off. After that screen init works (tested both D9 and splash screen).

Thanks to everyone who made this possible! :)

Reactions: jackb994

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@dark_samus3 , are you writing text to both top screen at same time on your installer ? Its probably not that but i was going silly when i started to port CBM to arm9, i was only writing to "TOP0" screen i did get screen output randomly... Until i writed to both top framebuffers. Because of double buffering I guess.

Last edited by cpasjuste,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dark_samus3 , are you writing text to both top screen at same time on your installer ? Its probably not that but i was going silly when i started to port CBM to arm9, i was only writing to "TOP0" screen i did get screen output randomly... Until i writed to both top framebuffers.
The top FB addresses are all set to the same framebuffer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I thought it always had it