Arm9 SDK?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Pokem, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Pokem
    OP

Pokem GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere among this forum, I've seen the term, "Arm9 SDK" or something like that. Does it belong to Nintendo? Is it legal to download? If so, where can I find it? I searched up Arm9 SDK and apparently nothing showed up

2. Aletron9000

Aletron9000 3DS Master

May 10, 2016
    United States
    3DS ARM9 CPU
    Never heard of it

3. DKB

DKB FUCK OFF

May 29, 2015
    United States
    New York City, Manhattan
    Never heard of it. Also, if it did exist, it'd prob be illegal to download, anyways. Unless you get the SDK from Nintendo's website(s) themselves, it's illegal. I believe.

4. Pokem
    OP

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    I found something called, "DevKitPro"
    Maybe that's it?

5. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    https://github.com/gemarcano/libctr9
    homebrew of course

...and use common sense people, why in the hell would nintendo make public the sdk for it's security processor? That stuff's internal obviously.

6. Pokem
    OP

Jul 22, 2016
    United States
    idk, it could have been leaked or something like that and is still around on the web and might be illegal to download. who knows

7. Psi-hate

Psi-hate GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater

Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    Houston
    Only a 3DS engineer would have such a thing. No way any 3ds game dev would have it making it much more unreasonable that it'd be leaked if it exists.

8. configchan

configchan GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2016
    IIRC, don't ds and dsi programs run on the arm9 processor? There's some level of protection, of course, and bringing it up is mostly pedantry, but you can run code on the arm9 processor without cfw... The restrictions make this less than useful for hacking unless you have vulnerable signed dsi code.

9. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    So basically the reason why we can currently downgrade 11.0 using DSiWareHax on Fieldrunners

10. configchan

configchan GBAtemp Regular

Jun 20, 2016
    Yeah. I'm not too clear on this area, but I'd expect they can patch the vulnerability in the cut-down dsi firmware that uses with a new firmware version, but then, I'd also expect them to be able to patch gspwn, but that still hasn't happened, so there might be other considerations. It could also be a case of a hardware instruction that does the desired behaviour if we can control the arguments, which would likely be unpatchable.