Homebrew Arm9 SDK?

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somewhere among this forum, I've seen the term, "Arm9 SDK" or something like that. Does it belong to Nintendo? Is it legal to download? If so, where can I find it? I searched up Arm9 SDK and apparently nothing showed up

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of it. Also, if it did exist, it'd prob be illegal to download, anyways. Unless you get the SDK from Nintendo's website(s) themselves, it's illegal. I believe.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk, it could have been leaked or something like that and is still around on the web and might be illegal to download. who knows
Only a 3DS engineer would have such a thing. No way any 3ds game dev would have it making it much more unreasonable that it'd be leaked if it exists.

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC, don't ds and dsi programs run on the arm9 processor? There's some level of protection, of course, and bringing it up is mostly pedantry, but you can run code on the arm9 processor without cfw... The restrictions make this less than useful for hacking unless you have vulnerable signed dsi code.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IIRC, don't ds and dsi programs run on the arm9 processor? There's some level of protection, of course, and bringing it up is mostly pedantry, but you can run code on the arm9 processor without cfw... The restrictions make this less than useful for hacking unless you have vulnerable signed dsi code.
So basically the reason why we can currently downgrade 11.0 using DSiWareHax on Fieldrunners

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
So basically the reason why we can currently downgrade 11.0 using DSiWareHax on Fieldrunners
Yeah. I'm not too clear on this area, but I'd expect they can patch the vulnerability in the cut-down dsi firmware that uses with a new firmware version, but then, I'd also expect them to be able to patch gspwn, but that still hasn't happened, so there might be other considerations. It could also be a case of a hardware instruction that does the desired behaviour if we can control the arguments, which would likely be unpatchable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-