Hacking Question Are you waiting for a safe method to use CFW?

Have you used your CFW or are you waiting on a safe method to use it?

• I’m using CFW online and don’t care if I get banned

Votes: 52 13.2%
  • Not using CFW at all and waiting for a safe method

Votes: 184 46.8%
  • Only using CFW offline

Votes: 142 36.1%
  • I don’t plan on using CFW

Votes: 15 3.8%

• Total voters

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
I don't think that will ever be a safe method if Nintendo ban us for every unauthorized softwared we load.
And because I don't have money to buy a second Switch only for play online, I don't think I will use CFW.
But I don't want event pay to play online, so I could don't care about be banned... when we will have more news I will make a decision, I can wait

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is this thread open to any opinion? I guess.
Then I am neither using CFW nor waiting for a safe method.
I plan to use CFW at the console's EOL, or if some very interesting feature becomes common, e.g. very interesting game mods or homebrew.
Meanwhile I am and will be buying games anyway, and I prefer to play them online without any reason to fear being banned.

So, I am waiting for EOL or near EOL.

Nightflash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am mainly waiting for EmuNAND and a highly polished CFW that I expected Atmosphere to be... I will also buy every game I like, as I have done with every console I owned before. Just modding games and custom roms etc are of interest to me. That's why I would like to avoid getting banned just because I used an insecure and risky CFW :) Looking forward to some nice little features like additional controller support (Dualshock, Xbox etc).

Reactions: MarkDarkness

NoWayFarQ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My current situation is that I’ve installed CFW(SX) but I haven’t used it for mods/piracy. I’m still playing online and purchasing games just waiting(hoping) for a safer method then currently available.

Is this thread open to any opinion? I guess.
Then I am neither using CFW nor waiting for a safe method.
I plan to use CFW at the console's EOL, or if some very interesting feature becomes common, e.g. very interesting game mods or homebrew.
Meanwhile I am and will be buying games anyway, and I prefer to play them online without any reason to fear being banned.

So, I am waiting for EOL or near EOL.
I’ve added an “I don’t plan to use CFW” option, why are you waiting for EOL?

Last edited by NoWayFarQ,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I’ve added an “I don’t plan to use CFW” option, why are you waiting for EOL?
Because at EOL I won't really care if the console gets banned.
I plan to buy the games I really want to play anyway, but at EOL I can go and check all the weird games I missed, hack them, use mods on them, etc. I would call it the "extra fun" after the console is old. But the main reason is that at EOL I won't really care anymore if the console gets banned.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I play offline with CFW, never update my stolen games, and play Splatoon 2 (Legit cart copy) online in OFW. If I somehow get banned, oh well. I'll backup my save, make a new profile on my girlfriend's virgin Switch, restore my save to the new profile, and carry on with my life. My then banned Switch will just become an updatable piracy machine at that point. I think only then will I expand to a 400GB or 512GB microSD card.

SavageNoble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I play offline with CFW, never update my stolen games, and play Splatoon 2 (Legit cart copy) online in OFW. If I somehow get banned, oh well. I'll backup my save, make a new profile on my girlfriend's virgin Switch, restore my save to the new profile, and carry on with my life. My then banned Switch will just become an updatable piracy machine at that point. I think only then will I expand to a 400GB or 512GB microSD card.
You understand that if you restore your account on her Switch it will get banned as well, because banned accounts are flagged permanently?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
You understand that if you restore your account on her Switch it will get banned as well, because banned accounts are flagged permanently?
Not restoring my account... My banned account will stay on my Switch. A new account (Or just a profile) with my old save restored from Checkpoint is all I'd do on her system.

Zangrief

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because at EOL I won't really care if the console gets banned.
I plan to buy the games I really want to play anyway, but at EOL I can go and check all the weird games I missed, hack them, use mods on them, etc. I would call it the "extra fun" after the console is old. But the main reason is that at EOL I won't really care anymore if the console gets banned.

New game +

Reactions: sarkwalvein

elboo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If you do not want a Ban, never connect the switch, make a backup of the Nand before starting the Cfw for the first time and wait for an Emunand (Permaoffline) and clean restore sysnand for online.

mezz0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was on 3.0.1 a couple of weeks ago. flashed latest 5.x firmware as soon as I got the sx pro licence. Didn't bother with looking out for fuses, burn baby burn.
Got two trinket m0's ready. One for making a dongle so my work collegues can use that and 1 for internal installation, just waiting on a tri-wing screwdriver and some thinner copper-enamel wire.

Reactions: Wednesday101

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...