Are you against Piracy?

Are you against Piracy?

• Yes, the game industry is suffering under it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I do not care if I fuck up the games as long as I can play it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well I am completely against piracy I do not care what reason. NAH

I just found out that some game developers cannot develop anymore cos we do not buy anything!
unsure.gif

JOIN my anti PIRACY war! JOIN NINTENDO! BUY their product! YEAH! And no I am not a spy cos I have 4 flashcards and I have bout 10 downloaded games.

THOUGH I GONNA DOWNLOAD WHITE IN JAP.

I want to know the reason why you pirate, you may talk bout ps and xbox as well.

reason for edit, bit insulting huh?

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks you're at a site that doesn't mind pirating.

Some people pirate because they can't afford video games, telling someone to find another hobby simply because they're poor kind of makes you sound like a spoiled brat.

Tell me, do you pay for your own video games?
Every single one of them?

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
phoenixgoddess27 said:

Some people pirate because they can't afford video games, telling someone to find another hobby simply because they're poor kind of makes you sound like a brat.

Okay that sounds a bit stupid indeed, but I want to know the reason as well.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Langin said:
JOIN my anti PIRACY war! JOIN NINTENDO! BUY their product! YEAH! And no I am not a spy cos I have 4 flashcards and I have bout 10 downloaded games.

THOUGH I GONNA DOWNLOAD WHITE IN JAP.
I am completely against current-gen piracy. I am fine with old-gen ROM's, however.

Emulators are actually legal (in the US).

What the hell is up with this post? A war? You can't make anyone buy anything.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I admit that I pirate a lot especially with nds roms, and psp isos.
But as long as there is no sign of the game industry crumbling down and don't produce good games anymore, I will be continuing. Pirating is SO DAMN EASY. But I still buy video games, if they have features that only original copies have

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
phoenixgoddess27 said:

Some people pirate because they can't afford video games, telling someone to find another hobby simply because they're poor kind of makes you sound like a spoiled brat.

I can pay for my DS video games, but if I do that, I will regert it for the rest of my life (no college money, my mom won't be able to use my money to rebuild her house, no money to begin with when moving away from my mom and building my own house...), I wish it could've end differently, you know I do, but seriously some bzns in Israel is fucked up, like "Only black people allowed" computer hardware store, "white only" ISP's and "No arabs allowed" goverment office, you should understand how I feel, Russians are not loved by anyone
frown.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark Langin said:
Okay that sounds a bit stupid indeed, but I want to know the reason as well.

How exactly does that sound stupid?
I buy games and I pirate them, but some people indeed cannot afford to buy games.
You didn't even answer my question.

If you have the money to buy games, buy them, but if you don't, what can you do? Tell your kid, "Tough luck, get a new hobby"?
Try seeing it from a parent's point of view.

highanimalhouse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am against piracy, but I also against ridiculously overpriced retail games. It's not really the fault of the game developers (these games cost MONEY to make) but more the way the economy of this industry works. There's a reason why people get DLC games -- they are cheaper.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do they think the money form supposed billions in lost sales is going to come from? All of a sudden we as consumers have loads of spare cash because we don't pirate anymore???

If the money isn't there it isn't there. Not having the game or song downloaded is not going to magically put the money in the hands of the developers. They need to wake up and realise that consumer spending has dropped off across the board.

If I could not download anymore I would only be able to purchase the couple of titles a year that I own anyway. I am pretty sure most people you talk to are in the same situation.

It is just completely unrealistic to assume that every download is a lost sale the fucken money is just not there to make this a reality.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
If you have the money to buy games, buy them, but if you don't, what can you do? Tell your kid, "Tough luck, get a new hobby"?
Try seeing it from a parent's point of view.Uh, yeah? What kind of parent tells their kid to steal shit? Besides, if this kid in question has internet access, I'm guessing the family isn't that poor. You can't just go to a public library to steal games.

Depravo said:
In which case the game developer STILL doesn't get your money.It's weird that you see it that way. The developer still doesn't get money, but you also don't get to steal their game. It's the complete absence of a transaction, rather than theft.

You make a very good point.
No, he doesn't. :/

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I pirate NDS games because I'm a massive cheapskate and would rather spend all my money on an £80 pair of headphones. However I do buy PS3 and Wii games. Also I buy the English version of the Pokemon games.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah thats it blame pirates for not selling games. I think the blame falls on developers for putting out shit. Seems that good titles have no problems selling millons of copies and racking in the cash.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
phoenixgoddess27 said:

Ah but at the same time, telling someone they're entitled to steal because they can't afford all the games they want seems a bit spoiled too eh?
So what if they can't afford it, doesn't mean they HAVE to play those games. Really they're the ones with self-entitlement issues.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everyone who comes to this site is a pirate to some degree, so why do you ask this question?

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pliskron said:
yeah thats it blame pirates for not selling games. I think the blame falls on developers for putting out shit. Seems that good titles have no problems selling millons of copies and racking in the cash.
That's not true. Some great titles don't sell that much, but casual titles and shovelware that only parents buy do sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.