Homebrew Are we "allowed" to use Nintendo Eshop in EmuNAND?

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
As the title says, Are we "allowed" to use Nintendo Eshop when we use EmuNAND?
Can we download games, demos and update games from there?
Or is it a risk that we might update the sysnand version?

loco365

Trophies
XP
As long as you have a safe way to spoof into the eShop or are on the latest firmware on your emuNAND (On a non-N3DS), you should be safe. The eShop will check your firmware if not spoofing, but it won't download the newest firmware. However, if you're on the tubehax DNS, it won't download any updates.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
As long as you have a safe way to spoof into the eShop or are on the latest firmware on your emuNAND (On a non-N3DS), you should be safe. The eShop will check your firmware if not spoofing, but it won't download the newest firmware. However, if you're on the tubehax DNS, it won't download any updates.
How do i spoof it?
I opened the eShop yesterday, just to see how it is, while i was in emuNAND. Shouldn't i do that? :(
I have followed every step in this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
So my sysnand in currently in version 9.0 and my emunNAND is in version RX-E 10.3.0-28E...
Do you recommend that i should use the tubehax DNS?

Last edited by Naxster,

loco365

Trophies
XP
How do i spoof it?
I opened the eShop yesterday, just to see how it is, while i was in emuNAND. Shouldn't i do that? :(
I have followed every step in this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867
So my sysnand in currently in version 9.0 and my emunNAND is in version RX-E 10.3.0-28E...
Do you recommend that i should use the tubehax DNS?
Well, in emuNAND, it's okay. Since you're on 10.3, that's the latest firmware and you should just be allowed to go to it. You won't get caught or banned. The only way you can get caught online and banned is through use of public headers in ROMs on flashcards or if you're cheating online (And even that might be a stretch still). As for the DNS, since you're on emuNAND, you shouldn't have to worry about it then. It's only needed if you're using sysNAND to access the shop.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, in emuNAND, it's okay. Since you're on 10.3, that's the latest firmware and you should just be allowed to go to it. You won't get caught or banned. The only way you can get caught online and banned is through use of public headers in ROMs on flashcards or if you're cheating online (And even that might be a stretch still). As for the DNS, since you're on emuNAND, you shouldn't have to worry about it then. It's only needed if you're using sysNAND to access the shop.

So i can update games through Eshop? :D
Let say that i want to update Super Smash Bros 3DS, can i do it without risking to screw up my device and have to worry about my sysnand getting updated?

But let says that there is a new firmware version available (10.4), that i didn't know about. And let say that that i update a game when i'm in version 10.3 in emunand, even if there is a new version (10.4), will i be screwed that way?

loco365

Trophies
XP
So i can update games through Eshop? :D
Let say that i want to update Super Smash Bros 3DS, can i do it without risking to screw up my device and have to worry about my sysnand getting updated?

But let says that there is a new firmware version available (10.4), that i didn't know about. And let say that that i update a game when i'm in version 10.3 in emunand, even if there is a new version (10.4), will i be screwed that way?
No, when the eShop detects that you're not on the latest firmware, it will tell you that an update is needed, then boot you to System Settings (iirc it's on the sysNAND that it boots you to), so you'll have to reboot your emuNAND and go to System Settings and do the update.

Naxster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
No, when the eShop detects that you're not on the latest firmware, it will tell you that an update is needed, then boot you to System Settings (iirc it's on the sysNAND that it boots you to), so you'll have to reboot your emuNAND and go to System Settings and do the update.

Thank you! :)
I changed the settings so my 2ds coldboots (autoboots) to emuNAND :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-