Hacking Are we allowed to create a bounty thread for 9.2.0 CFW?

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If so, I'm willing to pledge $40 to it. I want to install my retail carts as home menu items, install custom themes, have my play coin count permanently at 300, region free everything, and just generally run wild. I don't need to be able to install .3DS files from the SD card (or however the pirates do it). I'll be happy as long as I can dump my own retail carts onto the home screen.

Never heard of a bounty thread before? XDA does it all the time. Here's an example: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2728051

To clarify: Nobody pays anybody until the custom firmware is released. Then, whoever releases it is the person pledgers send their money to. It's an honor system. Don't pledge if you're not going to pay. If you do, the wrath of 1000 suns will be cursed upon you and your Nintendo products for the rest of your life. And remember, no donation is too small (except if it's $0.30, because paypal will take it all in fees)

If this is against the rules, just close the thread, I'll get the message. thanks, guys.

Donation pledges so far (approximately): $285
TidusWulf: $40
Kakkoii: $10
Kelton2: ~$30
Dekuleon: $30
Williamcaesar2: $20
HELPMEPLEASEOMG: $40
Some1cp: ~$20
ericthegreat: $50
reprep: $10
daicon: $20
Nosklo: $15

*don't feed the trolls, guys. If you see someone posting something negative, just scroll on by.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would you do it?
just make a list of all the people willing to pay, and a total.
then once someone proves they have it everyone paypals him?
seems really hard to do.
or someone extremely trustworthy would have to hold all the money but then what happens if nothing is ever released.
it sounds like a good idea but it's not really doable.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck that, if you're serious than an admin, or a reputable member, from this site will have to start collecting. No one knows if more than 50% will pay up.

ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If so, I'm willing to pledge $40 to it. I want to install my retail carts as home menu items, install custom themes, have my play coin count permanently at 300, region free everything, and just generally run wild. I don't need to be able to install .3DS files from the SD card (or however the pirates do it). I'll be happy as long as I can dump my own retail carts onto the home screen.

Oh, and keeping money out of Gateway's hands is a bonus, too. It's one thing to allow people pirate games for free, it's another level of asshole to charge people $50 to pirate. I'd rather spend that money on open source products.

If this is against the rules, just close the thread, I'll get the message. thanks, guys.

Wow. Someone's a little grouchy. Double standard much?

Don't be such a dick and call the hardworking Gateway team assholes. They pioneered basically everything we can do on this system. Show some appreciation - no one ever forced you into buying a Gateway. You being so bitter about not having the features of a Gateway card -- when you're obviously too cheap to buy one -- says a lot about you as a person.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Don't people get it? if a person wanted to create a CFW, it would have been created by now. all the top hackers have said a million times, no to the idea of CFW.. so we are only left with gateway.

what happened 3ds chip decapping fundraiser? they ran off with the money....

i want a CFW as much as the next GBAtemp member but get real.

I pledge tree fiddy.

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't people get it? if a person wanted to create a CFW, it would have been created by now. all the top hackers have said a million times, no to the idea of CFW.. so we are only left with gateway.

I pledge tree fiddy.

I guess this money was to pay for the manufacture of GW Lol

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I pledge tree fiddy.

I think it was "We're not interested in CFW for the 3DS"................

Venseer

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
RcQC4sw.png

Excuse me, sir, but...
I don't think this thread is a good idea. How is this supposed to put a point across that making a CFW to 9.2 is going to give you some cash? Is the guy supposed to release the 9.2 CFW to PM everyone in this thread and ask for said value on his Paypal account? How does he know even half of the people would pay. Or even worse, if someone just comes by and said he would pay two thousand dollars.
Plus I think if he makes a CFW, he can make a profit out of more than any offer that might come true, or not, here in this thread. And how do you think that someone that is capable of making a CFW is reading this thread in the first place? I don't think all people that hack the 3DS hangout here.
And I don't understand your idea of giving out money to get a CFW since you can spend this money on a functional card. I get the idea that is supposed to be free to the people after that, and the guy that makes the CFW to feel rewarded with the money, but isn't this the same thing as buying a gateway card? That is not very logical. Since both are doing for the money.

I don't think this thread have much of a point really.

D

Deleted User

Wow. Someone's a little grouchy. Double standard much?

Don't be such a dick and call the hardworking Gateway team assholes. They pioneered basically everything we can do on this system. Show some appreciation - no one ever forced you into buying a Gateway. You being so bitter about not having the features of a Gateway card -- when you're obviously too cheap to buy one -- says a lot about you as a person.

This. Very much this. Agree 100%.

Oh, and keeping money out of Gateway's hands is a bonus, too. It's one thing to allow people pirate games for free, it's another level of asshole to charge people $50 to pirate. I'd rather spend that money on open source products.

Gateway made essentially EVERYTHING possible on 3DS hacking wise, from the first support of 4.5 to 9.2 now. And to thank them you say FUCK YOU GATEWAY I WANT IT FOR FREE!!!

Wow. Just wow. Entitlement much?

And fwiw, gateway costs close to 50$.. so.. up to you

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway has been a blessing to the 3DS scene right from the start, going beyond just offering a flashcart. They released features no one had ever expected from them... emunand, cia installation, homebrew, downgrading 3ds firmware back to 4.5, etc. Calling them assholes for all their efforts is totally uncalled for. So they want $50 for their product. Did you expect them to work for free? Buy a sky3ds if you really despise them that much.

D

Deleted User

Why don't we ask Jl12 to collect the bounty? I heard it went great for the decap bounty

Reactions: Vappy

lytro

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Don't people get it? if a person wanted to create a CFW, it would have been created by now. all the top hackers have said a million times, no to the idea of CFW.. so we are only left with gateway

Agreed.

"Top hackers" don't want to release a cfw because they know that it will hurt the platform.

You guys are throwing money into a pot until there is enough for some skilled person to forget about his ideals.

In the end, someone's greed will make cfw for 9.2 possible anyway.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would you do it?
just make a list of all the people willing to pay, and a total.
then once someone proves they have it everyone paypals him?
seems really hard to do.
or someone extremely trustworthy would have to hold all the money but then what happens if nothing is ever released.
it sounds like a good idea but it's not really doable.

honor system. People on XDA make topics like this all the time when a new major release phone comes out. donations get into the thousands. 90% of people end up paying, and the other 10% look like asshole for saying they would but don't.

A simple, innocent question that no one would consider bannable, yet nets the exact same responses.
I see your game.

Up until Nov I rarely went on GBAtemp. I know that most rules on forums generally fall under "don't be an asshole, don't do anything illegal" but then there are some site specific rules. I wasn't sure if a bounty thread would be allowed, so it's an innocent and honest question that I genuinely didn't know the answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.