Are there any reports of people using emuNAND offline and being banned?

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the announcement of MK8 DLC, I'm really interested in playing MK8 online and getting the DLC. Currently I exclusively play my backups offline on my emuNAND and never go online with it, its permanently in Airplane mode.

If I boot into SysNAND (with no modifications) , and play my retail cartridges online, is there any chance of getting banned? I can't see how, the SysNAND is stock and if I remove the SD Card, Nintendo would have no evidence this console runs an emuNAND.

Just want to be sure, otherwise I'll need to buy a second console just to play retail games online.

Thanks.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the announcement of MK8 DLC, I'm really interested in playing MK8 online and getting the DLC. Currently I exclusively play my backups offline on my emuNAND and never go online with it, its permanently in Airplane mode.

If I boot into SysNAND (with no modifications) , and play my retail cartridges online, is there any chance of getting banned? I can't see how, the SysNAND is stock and if I remove the SD Card, Nintendo would have no evidence this console runs an emuNAND.

Just want to be sure, otherwise I'll need to buy a second console just to play retail games online.

Thanks.
Did you use incognito mode in Emunand?

Did you docked your Switch while airplane mode is enabled? If so, it is likely that your Switch went online silently while docked. It is best to delete the WiFi setting or disable the auto-connect.

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use incognito mode in Emunand?

Did you docked your Switch while airplane mode is enabled? If so, it is likely that your Switch went online silently while docked. It is best to delete the WiFi setting or disable the auto-connect.
I don't recall enabling Incognito mode, so I assume its too late.

My switch is docked almost 24/7, and the I believe the Wifi Settings are entered, but the Switch was put into airplane mode, hacked, and the emuNAND has been permanently in airplane mode since it was created.

You think Nintendo still talks to servers even when the device is in airplane mode?

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You think Nintendo still talks to servers even when the device is in airplane mode?
Yeah, airplane mode is only works if it is portable, not docked.

Some members in here had their Switch banned when they have WiFi setting saved and airplane mode enabled until they docked and BOOM!!! BANNED!!!

As for your Switch, you can boot into sysnand and connected to online, so if no ban after 2 weeks, it is likely that your Switch is safe.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do all your dirty activity in emunand and keep sysnand clean you are following best practice.

Provided your sysnand is 100% clean as you say it is, there’s low risk using it to play legit MK8 online. (I will never say NO risk because we don’t know what we don’t know.) If you’re already banned then it won’t matter. If you’re not banned…enjoy your Switch as it’s meant to be used.

x3n0

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been using the offline emunand and online sysnand method since the first emunand methods were released. It still works flawlessly.

As said above, emu for dirty and sys for clean use.

bbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I dont get banned (yet) on my emunand with exosphere/incognito configuration. I even go online with my emunand to watch youtube or download Retroarch Core.
And I play online games with my clean sysnand atmosphere.
Just make sure that exosphere is configure properly from the time you created your Emunand.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont get banned (yet) on my emunand with exosphere/incognito configuration. I even go online with my emunand to watch youtube or download Retroarch Core.
And I play online games with my clean sysnand atmosphere.
Just make sure that exosphere is configure properly from the time you created your Emunand.

https://github.com/meganukebmp/Switch_90DNS_tester is a good test to make sure exosphere/default.txt are blocking telemetry.

Reactions: bbert

faithvoid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
virtual.dimensionless.space
XP
Country
Canada
As long as you use Incognito & make sure Exosphere's DNS MITM redirection is working properly on your emuNAND you've pretty much got nothing to worry about. Been using the combo for over a year on my current Switch and I play Animal Crossing and Overwatch online on my sysNAND all the time, and connect my emuNAND to the internet to play homebrew games like Quake III online and FTP files over and whatnot.

mr_switch

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have a ver1 switch that have been using emunand once they were introduced and till now my legit clean sysnand has not been ban. My emunand prod id is completely removed and blank out though:whip:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks.
You cannot get banned if you don't go online with CFW/homebrew.

bbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I mean I use wifi on my emunand with my real account still attached and with "blank_prodinfo_emummc=1" in exosphere as well as the block list for extra protection just incase
thats actually my setup. im still not ban (yet). i do connect online on my emummc to watch youtube, download retroarch core and use ftpd. And I do play online games like mhr tetris99 on my clean cfw sysnand.

just make sure you setup exosphere properly from the 1st time you've use emummc.

take note, my emummc is dirty.

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I assume you want to leave the sysnand sent to 0, having a blank serial number on a sysnand is sketchy.

(Although how can they ban you if they don't know your serial number? I guess they could ban your Nintendo account?)

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I assume you want to leave the sysnand sent to 0, having a blank serial number on a sysnand is sketchy.

(Although how can they ban you if they don't know your serial number? I guess they could ban your Nintendo account?)
If no serial number, you won't able to connect Nintendo server, I believe.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is other information which isn't blanked out such as battery ID which is still sent to Nintendo.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If ppl got banned using Emunand they are clearly using it for the wrong reasons. Not exactly a report worth investigating if its newbies playing with fire. Thus the whole purpose of using Emunand would be pointless b/c its to help prevent being banned.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, WAKE UP