Hacking Are there any programs that would allow me to lower video quality on an Eboot?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not really - extract the disc image out of the eboot (or even better start directly from your legal original backup), edit it as desired*, only then convert to eboot

* "reducing quality" isn't something commonly done or trivial to do, if you don't care for videos the usual workaround is to try replacing them with zero-sized files, crosslinking them to a single video and erasing sectors containing the others, or finding extremely short videos in the same format (possibly from some other title)

GnarkillAU

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm, okay then. The main issue is I need to get it to under 2 GB, and it's sitting at 2.05. Can you point me in the direction of a program that would be able to simply remove a video file from the original disc image?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can make a separate eboot for each disc, and have them share the same save ID. That's what I did, that way you only need to copy over the eboot of the disc you are currently playing, and swap it out once the game asks for the next disc. Or say, copy the first 3 discs over so you don't have to swap them out until you are at the final disc, which only has the very last area of the game.
There's also a tool called PocketISO that allows you to selectively rip out audio and video to save space. It's quite useful for minimizing size but obviously for a JRPG you'll be missing out on a lot of story if you rip out all the cutscenes.

GnarkillAU

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, I was thinking that if I ripped out the scenes of the Dollet mech spider battle, (it crushing the car / Quistis bein' a boss and destroying it) but then just defeated the Spider before those cutscenes I'd get it under 2gig, be able to fit it all on one, going to give it a test now with this PocketIso thingamajig. Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: rofl