ROM Hack Are there any edited versions of Pokemon HGSS that work on flashcarts?

SinanDira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings. When Heart Gold and Soul Silver first came out, they were protected and the game would freeze or something after a few actions without using a Pokewalker, which made it very hard to play them on DS flash carts. Therefore, I want to ask here, has the community managed to create any hacked versions that 1) work on flash carts without stopping and 2) allow for online battles?

I am not sure about the second with the case of a hacked version. Answers would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's the job of flash cart makers to update their software to automatically fix the games. If yours doesn't have an updated kernel/software/whatever on the site that fixes it, then get a cart that has actual support (as the major flash carts fixed those games shortly after release).

SinanDira

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic! You guys are totally right, I wish I knew that since the beginning. The Soul Silver US rom alone (without hacks or anything) worked just fine for 3 hours straight on my SuperCard DSTwo. I even got a friend code so I assume it works online too.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah patches and such are only needed when carts don't have updates to support the games. Since there's a couple well-known carts that update to fix games, individual patches rarely come out now... except in cases like pokemon game releases where 5 trillion people want the ROM and happen to all have old carts with no updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1