Are there any edited versions of Pokemon HGSS that work on flashcarts?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by SinanDira, Jun 22, 2012.

1. SinanDira
    OP

Newcomer SinanDira Member

United States
    Greetings. When Heart Gold and Soul Silver first came out, they were protected and the game would freeze or something after a few actions without using a Pokewalker, which made it very hard to play them on DS flash carts. Therefore, I want to ask here, has the community managed to create any hacked versions that 1) work on flash carts without stopping and 2) allow for online battles?

I am not sure about the second with the case of a hacked version. Answers would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    updated your flashcard bro.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yeah, it's the job of flash cart makers to update their software to automatically fix the games. If yours doesn't have an updated kernel/software/whatever on the site that fixes it, then get a cart that has actual support (as the major flash carts fixed those games shortly after release).

4. SinanDira
    OP

Newcomer SinanDira Member

United States
    Fantastic! You guys are totally right, I wish I knew that since the beginning. The Soul Silver US rom alone (without hacks or anything) worked just fine for 3 hours straight on my SuperCard DSTwo. I even got a friend code so I assume it works online too.

5. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Yeah patches and such are only needed when carts don't have updates to support the games. Since there's a couple well-known carts that update to fix games, individual patches rarely come out now... except in cases like pokemon game releases where 5 trillion people want the ROM and happen to all have old carts with no updates.