Hacking Are the M3 guys working on a Micro SD device?

• Thread starter Solidstate
  • Start date
  • Views 4,513
  • Replies 27

suchiru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, we will pay anything, or at least most rich kids with mommy's money would

not putting people down, just saying

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree, at the end of the day, people will pay whatever these items cost. I cringe to think of what I spent on SNES/Genesis/N64 copiers and such.

ejx982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks everyone, you guys have totally answered my questions. I've been doing alot of reading, since I got my DS Lite on monday. I've made up my mine on buying M3 Equipment. I'm set out for:

Passcard 3 (For the Pass Device)
M3 MiniSD Flash Cart
1GB MiniSD Card

From what I've read this has an excellent comptability with NDS/GBA Games, so long as I use the compatability lists given online at m3wiki incase I have trouble running a game. The 1GB MiniSD is plenty of room for DS/GBA + Emulation, this is my primary focus. If I feel up to it, I'll look into Moonshell and convert an episode of Naruto or two over and check it out.

I *was* eager to see a MicroSD Device in the works. I think I'll wait until after my trip home at the begining of August, if I don't see a M3 MicroSD device out, I'll just buy the MiniSD. I have about 4-5 friends with a DS "phatty", that I could easily resell my hardware to, no problem.

I've read about reflashing my DSL with Passme, but I figure, I still need a nopass device to do the flashing in the first place, so why not just buy it. I may look into more detail if friends want to do the same route, then we can use my hardware and flash the f/w of the DS Lite.

Thanks again, if I missed something if someone can PM me, or reply to this thread that would be great.

ejx982

jon_jon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I agree, at the end of the day, people will pay whatever these items cost. I cringe to think of what I spent on SNES/Genesis/N64 copiers and such.

Ahh, those days of the SNES/Genesis copiers... brings back old memories some 15 years ago. Those were the days before the world wide web - the days of bbs, fidonet and usenet... a time before many of the users here were born...

forkyfork

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ahh, those days of the SNES/Genesis copiers... brings back old memories some 15 years ago. Those were the days before the world wide web - the days of bbs, fidonet and usenet... a time before many of the users here were born...

Yes... I'm a n00b.. but what exactly were snes/genesis copiers? Did you just plug in your friend's snes cart and copy it to a harddrive or something? And where did you find them?

ejx982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh, those days of the SNES/Genesis copiers... brings back old memories some 15 years ago. Those were the days before the world wide web - the days of bbs, fidonet and usenet... a time before many of the users here were born...

Yes... I'm a n00b.. but what exactly were snes/genesis copiers? Did you just plug in your friend's snes cart and copy it to a harddrive or something? And where did you find them?

They were/are copiers that run ROMS off Floppy Disks. It took about 2-4 1.44MB Floppies to run a game. You would fire up your copier, then pop the floppies in one at a time until the ROM was rejoined and ran in memory. This may not be exact, as I only read bout SNES/Genesis copiers. I did have a N64 Copier, the CD64. This one, I'd burn my games to a CD, pop the disc in the CDROM drive, and the CD64 unit sat underneath the original N64. I then turned on the N64, browsed the CD for the game I wanted and it loaded it from CD very quickly. It needed an original N64 game to boot from, and to save games too. It was a cool setup, but so far I'm digging the NDS scene alot more. Just gota wait for the MicroSD byM3.

ejx982

kirra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow.. I remember now, I used this thing called MGH for the SNES and had lots of games on floppies haha!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...