Are snes super scopes legit?

eggmanfat120

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I mean by this is, Do they function right? I'm thinking of buying one at my local game store once I get my birthday money, but do they work? Do they at least work at a playable rate?
What about the power pad?

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Unless you're an avid collector I wouldn't bother. The six AAs needed to power the scope make it a pain in the ass. The scope-only games aren't worth the effort.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A light gun is a pointing device for computers and a control device for arcade and video games.
Modern screen-based light guns work by building an optical sensor into the gun, which receives its input from the light emitted by on-screen target(s). The first device of this type, the light pen, was used on the MIT Whirlwind computer.
The light gun and its ancestor, the light pen, are now rarely used as pointing devices due largely to the popularity of the mouse and changes in monitor display technology—conventional light guns only work with CRT monitors.[citation needed]

-wikipedia

Reactions: Veho

XiTaU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember using one at a friends how many years ago i wouldnt recommend it unless ur hardcore collection snes stuff.
playstation 1/2 has the best lightgun collection if u wanna lightgun.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
What I mean by this is, Do they function right? I'm thinking of buying one at my local game store once I get my birthday money, but do they work? Do they at least work at a playable rate?
What about the power pad?
I owned the Super Scope 6 when I was a wii little lad. It worked infinitely better than the NES Zapper, if that's what you're wondering. There was a setup screen that you could use to calibrate the aim, so accuracy was not an issue. And it would fire as quickly as you could push the fire button.

Regarding the battery issue, you could always invest in 12 rechargeable AA batteries and have 6 in the SS6, keep 6 more charged and ready to go and rotate them out as needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo