ROM Hack are skyrim mods possible with hekate now?

souler92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
as title. wondering if we can mod skyrim right now? i have skyrim on cartridge.

even if save file editing is possible it would be cool

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You can edit your save file, export it with Checkpoint/Nuts and rename the extension to ".ess", then load it up in Skyrim Special Edition on PC. You'll get a warning that hyrule.esm is missing, ignore it. You can use console commands to give yourself whatever you want, save the game, rename the extension back and import it on your Switch with the same tools.

souler92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ayy the save edit is cool to know. tho i dont have skyrim on my pc, and wont be installing it because i think thats a h
You can edit your save file, export it with Checkpoint/Nuts and rename the extension to ".ess", then load it up in Skyrim Special Edition on PC. You'll get a warning that hyrule.esm is missing, ignore it. You can use console commands to give yourself whatever you want, save the game, rename the extension back and import it on your Switch with the same tools.

i took the save files with nuts. only i get a sh*tload of sav0 and .sav1 file, sav1 is 0kb, and sav0 is around 2.500kb

if i change either one to .ess , and use a skyrim save editor . it cant load them

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not with hekate, but Atmosphere is supposed to have LayersFS support, which would allow us to replace assets so limited mod support could be doable.

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not with hekate, but Atmosphere is supposed to have LayersFS support, which would allow us to replace assets so limited mod support could be doable.

Skyrim for the Switch has native mod support, it just wasn't specified. There was a thread about this already where someone went into detail about what would and wouldn't work. No one has gone and tried it yet though.

souler92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I haven't tried a save editor, it worked in Skyrim Special Edition on PC tho. It should have the filename of your save, I edited the quicksave one (I believe it was the sav0).

hmm
well the sav0 and sav1 are linked (they share same name) i will try a other tool,

i dont have skyrim on my laptop so yeah..., and i dont feel like getting/pirating it

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wait wait wait... can I export files from Switch games? If so I'm going to get myself that hyrule.esm in my SkyrimVR for PC

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Wait wait wait... can I export files from Switch games? If so I'm going to get myself that hyrule.esm in my SkyrimVR for PC
Somebody tried that, they could load the .esm on PC but the textures for the gear were missing. Just wait, once dumping/extracting tools be become a thing modding for this game will takeoff.

souler92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there are no real easy editors like botw , i tried pirating skyrim se but i cant get it to start. the base install loads up steam and prompting to buy, and i did put a patch on it. but then it doesnt even load at al (not even an error) .. so im at a stop here..

Pistakilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I just found this thread about Skyrim extracted with Nuts save extractor. I did the same thing with my skyrim, extracted my saves into pc and renamed sav0 to esm and booted Skyrim on pc and obviously worked. My question is how can I inject ALL of my saves back into my switch properly. When I inject them the way I found them, either I get an error when launching Skyrim on switch or I get "$savecorrupt" with unknown location name. Would appreciate help for a new person here. Thanks

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Somebody tried that, they could load the .esm on PC but the textures for the gear were missing. Just wait, once dumping/extracting tools be become a thing modding for this game will takeoff.
I’ve just converted the files from the XCI and they won’t work properley because all the textures and that are in the texture and mash bsm files not to mention the Amiibo and chest sounds are in the sounds bsa

Reactions: wicksand420

Visual Studio

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as title. wondering if we can mod skyrim right now? i have skyrim on cartridge.

even if save file editing is possible it would be cool
I'm at qasmoke on the Switch version:
nG8uzEkn

Also it would be really nice if someone could extract the game's contents and upload Hyrule.esm so we can use it on PC.

Last edited by Visual Studio,

NightStorm1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Save editing works well with Checkpoint as a Save manager.

Make a backup.
Copy to Skyrim Folder on PC
Change extension to ess
Load in Skyrim Special Edition
Cheat
Save.
Copy cheated save back to checkpoint Folder
Change Extension back to Orignal
Change Name back to Original.
Restore with Checkpoint.
Load Game on Switch.
Enjoy.

souler92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Save editing works well with Checkpoint as a Save manager.

Make a backup.
Copy to Skyrim Folder on PC
Change extension to ess
Load in Skyrim Special Edition
Cheat
Save.
Copy cheated save back to checkpoint Folder
Change Extension back to Orignal
Change Name back to Original.
Restore with Checkpoint.
Load Game on Switch.
Enjoy.

i dont have skyrim on pc no legit, and i cant get a pirate version to run... so im at a loss right now too bad i only want money and better gear... sigh:( i dont like farming for money etc.

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
i dont have skyrim on pc no legit, and i cant get a pirate version to run... so im at a loss right now too bad i only want money and better gear... sigh:( i dont like farming for money etc.
You know about the merchant chest stuff? that is a "glitch" that you can use to obtain lots of money in skyrim and works on switch,

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Use a platter on the companions building to push trough the wall than walk up to the chest under the skyforge and steal his shit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o