Gaming Are Nintendo starting to put piracy blocks on all their games?

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You guys should be THANKFUL yes thankful that Nintendo continues to pursue their clearly pathetic efforts to hose your freebie downloads.

After all, if not for their worthless efforts, a lot of you would actually need to find something useful to post about
smile.gif

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
what a question isn't it ovious, and why start? did'nt they start it long ago?°°
nintendo hates pirates and they will continue to put and perfect their piracy blocks until .. who knows,infinity?
mario rpg 3 is a good proof of this:.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how people try to stop piracy, because it's literally impossible. We have literally thousands and thousands of hackers who crack these just for fun. Piracy will never end, because, in reality, no one wants it to stop, and as long as someone out there wants to pirate games, they will. It's got so many excuses, anyone can find a way not to make themselves feel bad about it. Practically anyone can be a pirate, it requires no special tools, other than an acekard or modchip, to download a game. It's fast, nearly untraceable, and free. People, even if they only started to pirate games just so they didn't have to carry them all around, will eventually get sucked into pirating dumps of unreleased games. The worst thing about it is that it's much better than retail. I pirate when I'm broke, when a game comes out early, or when there is literally no fucking way I'm going to get it. If I do like the games, I'll buy them, but, otherwise. I'll probably here about how piracy is killing the software industry everyday. I personally don't like the fact that I pirate, it feels wrong, but it's much better than dealing with the assholes at gamestop. It seems like nothing's worth buying today, anyway. The only games you ever hear about are shovelware, and when they make good games, I'll buy them, but, sadly, scribblenauts is one of the only nintendo games I've bought in a long, long time.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope Square Enix doesn't make a new anti-piracy for their games, I kind of enjoy their games. Although I don't mind if Ubisoft follows Nintendo's footsteps. XD

Also jaxx, chill, no need to flame.
wink2.gif

S

spectral

Companies are fully aware they cant win against piracy in the long run. The reason they still use it is to delay the pirates. Most games make the majority of their total profit with the early adopters who simply HAVE to play asap paying full retail price in the first few days after release. If the protection lasts those few days so those people pay instead of pirate it was worth the effort to them.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
spectral said:
Companies are fully aware they cant win against piracy in the long run. The reason they still use it is to delay the pirates. Most games make the majority of their total profit with the early adopters who simply HAVE to play asap paying full retail price in the first few days after release. If the protection lasts those few days so those people pay instead of pirate it was worth the effort to them.
a lot of games get leaked a few days to a week before the actual release and the anti-piracy is usually removed no more then a couple of days after the leak so pirates still play the game days before the actual release date.

Hypershad12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do think they're putting Anti-piracy blocking on new,good games. I just hope there's no block for 358/2 days when it comes out for US.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hypershad12 said:
I do think they're putting Anti-piracy blocking on new,good games. I just hope there's no block for 358/2 days when it comes out for US.
There most definitely will be a anti piracy on Kingdom hearts (U) whether or not its the same anti piracy as the (J) version is yet to be seen but theres a possibility that they put a stronger anti piracy on it.

S

spectral

syko5150 said:
spectral said:
a lot of games get leaked a few days to a week before the actual release and the anti-piracy is usually removed no more then a couple of days after the leak so pirates still play the game days before the actual release date.

In which case they failed in their goal. My point is people seem to be under the impression that AP protection is always a waste of time because its always cracked at some point and that is not the case. People on the supply chain leaking games is another problem on top of simple piracy. Although not applicable to DS it is why a lot of PC games now need online authentication that downloads the final few files of the game before it can be played, on top of standard AP measures.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i think AP is a good thing at least from Nintendo's point of view but as long as there are hackers around and something to hack it will get hacked its all a matter of time before we see pretty much everything hacked...

Argon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
be quiet

this is no place for Pro Anti-piracy
Oh, okay I'm sorry I forgot, this is not a place for Pro Anti-Piracy? Why don't you go read up on the rules, as you are mistaken.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)