1. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    I'm pretty sure this seems like a dumb topic.

Of course Nintendo will try to block piracy on games that deserve it. They might skip out on smaller titles, yes, but big ones (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc) will be more fortified than Princess Peach's chasity belt. Not even Mario could pick that lock.

Third party developers have their own ways of anti-piracy as well, Square Enix in paticular. Nintendo would probably license out their piracy protection, although once it's cracked it'll be useless. They'll always keep havint to make new ways to combat pirates. It's like baseball; if you keep throwing the same pitch than eventually the batter's gonna hit the ball.

2. luke_c

luke_c Big Boss

Most cards get updated with Anti-Piracy check fixes within a few days.

3. Overlord Nadrian

Banned

Belgium
    Says a liar who of course has only bought a R4 (and probably a fake one at that) and no other flashcart. If you've tried every flashcart, the R4 is just junk in comparison to some others like AK, SCDSOne or Cyclo.

4. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    The thing is though, Square Enix's anti-piracy was a joke. Patches and cheats were released withing the day of the ROM dump, and some flash carts got updated to include a future-proof patch to bypass the anti-piracy checks. For the most part, this actually worked.

In Nintendo's case, it seems like they are putting anti-piracy checks in their games individually (and this is why it is so hard to crack M&L), so I take back what I said about licensing it. They can license their method, but it will be up to the game developers to implement the feature themselves and this may take a lot more time and money for the companies, but in the end the DS hacking scene will always win.

Like I said before, there are only a few big N games for the DS left to be released, including Pokemon HG/SS and Golden Sun. They will probably have anti-piracy measures just as effective as the Mario and Luigi one.

5. House Spider

OP House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.
    Banned

Its my favourite because it supports YSMenu so I can GTA:CW to work with WiFi. [​IMG]

6. NeoHaven

NeoHaven Member
    Newcomer

What Zelda? o.o PH Didn't have it

7. DarkCrudus

DarkCrudus The Ghost

United States
    heh, the next game in the line of for piracy protection is KH, we'll see how that goes for our amazing hackers in gbatemp =D

8. Overlord Nadrian

Banned

Belgium
    Yeah, I don't remember PH having it either. Spirit Tracks might have it though.

9. Advi

Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    no anti-piracy blocks are ever foolproof. who cares if Nintendo is getting hard on this, remember that most FC teams update their loaders to circumvent the checks within a few weeks.

10. yobemal

yobemal GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    Looks like it, at least all the newer popular games...

11. Rogue Trader

Rogue Trader GBAtemp Regular

I suppose if they did find an easy cheap solution that noone can get around they would put it on all their carts. Thing is, they won't-someone always breaks the security, and so they have to constantly update, and then someone breaks it, and so on....

12. Ace-Killa

Ace-Killa Newbie
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    QFT

not sure how long does it takes most cr*ckers to bypass protection, but surely it's hinder the pirates for enjoying the freshly plunder... for couple days (like in recent events [​IMG] ). well, its their rights to do so; and as long as they do not use protection that can brick DS from flashcart (if theres any), then im good to go

13. Islay

Islay GBAtemp Fan

Hmm, Ill be loling when it does..........

the reason

GBAtemp will die again [​IMG] .

So best to forget about it till it out, and hide on the 29th for a week or so lol, it will be pointless to post.

14. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT
    Former Staff

United Kingdom
    Not necessarily now that GBAtemp is Google's bitch.

15. matt4tehlulz1337

Newcomer

United States
    well even if nintendo does put tons of anti piracy on games, shouldn't arm 7 do the job. i mean, they're always making patches for these anti piracy codes. so it shouldn't be no biggy if nintendo does put anti piracy codes.

16. jaxxster

jaxxster The Heretic

You could either "RAAAAAGE" Or alternatively you could buy it you cheap bastard! If youre looking forward to it that much then why dont you buy it if you think its gunna be great? Actually fuck me, you make sick! You're saying saying that a game you really want and expect to be amazing and you dont want to pay for it! Fuck off!

17. fallinroxas

fallinroxas GBAtemp Regular

United States
    jaxxster, that is how most immature people thing. They don't care about the companies. As long as they get it free. I, for one, will be both downloading KH 358/2 days and buying it. I will buy it and keep it in the shrink wrap. I love Kingdom Hearts that much. I own all the games out soo far. Besides damned Coded.

18. Tokiopop

Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

Yet we can still play all of these 'anti-piracy' games on our flashcarts. As long as people make patches, there's no harm done.

19. Rayder

Rayder Mostly lurking lately....
    Former Staff

United States
    By next year, I'd wager that most of the better games will be coming out for DSi and the DSphat/lite will fade into obscurity. Otherwise they will never really stop the pirates, only slow them down a bit.

20. iFish

iFish Slower than a 90s modem

Canada
    im gonna but pokemon soul sliver and download it and just keep the game i nthe wrapper if i can hold my self back and justuse the pokewalker and maybe if i open it trade between them

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, starting, piracy