Are Aliexpress DSI XL replacing shells worth getting?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jonhon
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 2,992
  • Replies Replies 1

jonhon

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jan 15, 2020
Messages
64
Reaction score
24
Trophies
0
XP
957
Country
Chile
The hinge on my dsi xl broke and I would like to fix it.

My two options are to buy it from aliexpress or get a broken dsi console.
Anyone here has experience buying and using parts from Aliexpress?,
I don't expect the parts to be of high quality or at even similar quality to the original console
 
I don't know about the dsi xl but from experience with the ds lite, the plastic is ok but the screws aren't great, to sum up, if you keep the original Nintendo screws, it can do the job.
Afterwards if you come across a good deal, it's always more interesting to have another broken console rather than a simple shell, you will always have more spare parts with a broken console and what's more it will be Nintendo and not a copy.

Personally, I prefer broken consoles, because it gives me the opportunity to accumulate a small batch of spare parts which, over time, I either use to repair my consoles, or if I don't do anything with them, I can resell
 
  • Like
Reactions: jonhon

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted