Not open for further replies.

TrixNiiSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ooookay, let's go!

After XC1DE and XC2/Torna, I bring you... ¡DunArd's preset for Xenoblade Chronicles 3!

This preset is mostly recommended to play in portable mode, since you have to use ReverseNX to put dock mode when you're using it in portable and the settings have been optimized so that the game works well overcloking GPU to 460MHz and looks good on Switch.

Features:
- Better shadows and lights
- Antialiasing revamped, now more efficient
- Slightly better resolution
- LOD greatly increased
- More real vegetation
- Performance between 26 and 30 FPS in large areas

Instructions:
- Unzip and drop Atmosphere folder in the MicroSD root.
- You need to download ReverseNX and put XC3 profile in docked mode to enjoy the resolution optimizations
- You need sys-clk to overclock GPU to 460MHz and CPU to 1582MHz

Direct comparison screenshots (more coming in the next days):

https://imgsli.com/MTE4MzMx
What did you change to have a better LOD and more vegetation ?

jeka467

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Ooookay, let's go!

After XC1DE and XC2/Torna, I bring you... ¡DunArd's preset for Xenoblade Chronicles 3!

This preset is mostly recommended to play in portable mode, since you have to use ReverseNX to put dock mode when you're using it in portable and the settings have been optimized so that the game works well overcloking GPU to 460MHz and looks good on Switch.

Features:
- LOD greatly increased
- More real vegetation

Instructions:
- You need to download ReverseNX and put XC3 profile in docked mode to enjoy the resolution optimizations

It would be nice if you can share Json file of your config

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ooookay, let's go!

Features:
- LOD greatly increased
- More real vegetation

Instructions:

I need to play more to see the difference with other config but thank you so much!!!

Did you put the resolution at the maximum ? If not could you make a maximum res version for those who don't care about fps?

(for switch users because every one seems to work on emulation )

Last edited by cobjak,

DunArd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
What did you change to have a better LOD and more vegetation ?
Principally resolution, it happens also in XC2, when you increase the internal resolution it enhances the overall quality: vegetation, terrain, LOD...

It would be nice if you can share Json file of your config
Yep, I'll do it tomorrow, I recently finished working and now I want to relax playing :P

I need to play more to see the difference with other config but thank you so much!!!

Did you put the resolution at the maximum ? If not could you make a maximum res version for those who don't care about fps?

(for switch users because every one seems to work on emulation )
Yep, I have prepared a configuration mainly to play with higher GPU clocks or with lower performance, I'll upload it tomorrow

Angelito66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ooook, allons-y !

Après XC1DE et XC2/Torna, je vous propose... ¡ Le preset de DunArd pour Xenoblade Chronicles 3 !

Ce préréglage est principalement recommandé pour jouer en mode portable, car vous devez utiliser ReverseNX pour mettre le mode dock lorsque vous l'utilisez en portable et les paramètres ont été optimisés pour que le jeu fonctionne bien en overclockant le GPU à 460 MHz et ait l ' air bien sur Switch .

Traits:
- Meilleures ombres et lumières
- Antialiasing revampé, maintenant plus efficace
- Résolution légèrement meilleure
- LOD considérablement augmenté
- Plus de vraie végétation
- Performances entre 26 et 30 FPS dans les grandes surfaces

Des instructions :
- Décompressez et déposez le dossier Atmosphère dans la racine MicroSD.
- Vous devez télécharger ReverseNX et mettre le profil XC3 en mode ancré pour profiter des optimisations de résolution
- Vous avez besoin de sys-clk pour overclocker le GPU à 460 MHz et le CPU à 1582 MHz

Captures d'écran de comparaison directe (d'autres à venir dans les prochains jours) :

totxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Principally resolution, it happens also in XC2, when you increase the internal resolution it enhances the overall quality: vegetation, terrain, LOD...

Yep, I'll do it tomorrow, I recently finished working and now I want to relax playing :P

Yep, I have prepared a configuration mainly to play with higher GPU clocks or with lower performance, I'll upload it tomorrow
you're the man ! many thanks for your amaing work ! can you also make a config for switch docked with maximum settings for stable 30 fps and oc setting ? many thanks in advance, hace a nice relax time you derserve it ;)

Angelito66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Nothing work for me i dont understand why... put the file un the Sd card, reverse nx docked, sysclk oc... no better resolution no sharper...😢😢😢

Angelito66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Nothing work for me i dont understand why... put the file un the Sd card, reverse nx docked, sysclk oc... no better resolution no sharper...😢😢😢

cleanhovbot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to masagrator.. Great thread.

Had a lot of trouble the last day getting a stable yuzu experience.. so far running quality mod with 60fps cheat I found on a certain youtube channel on EA 2862 with no more freezes using the 30/60 fps toggle. Overall a decent enough experience restarting after about 2 hours to prevent memory leak issue..

Thank you to the contributors here.
Doesn't the 60 fps cheat ruin cutscenes and make people move at double speed?

Tanzeel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Had a lot of trouble the last day getting a stable yuzu experience.. so far running quality mod with 60fps cheat I found on a certain youtube channel on EA 2862 with no more freezes using the 30/60 fps toggle. Overall a decent enough experience restarting after about 2 hours to prevent memory leak issue..

can you guide about how to do 60fps and what are the contents of quality mod?

Tanzeel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

can you guide about how to do 60fps and what are the contents of quality mod?
may be pm or share youtube channel link

xziino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Besides this forum is there a discord server for all this? And if so could any1 maybe drop an invite? ^_^

Furthermore, anyone got a decent 2x setup for yuzu? That would be very appreciated as well!

Tanzeel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have tested both x3 and x4 res mod with 60 fps
x3 i am getting flat 60fps in fighting and open world
x4 i am getting 57-60fps
if any one want i can upload the mods here.
using yuzu opengl res scale x1 gpu acc high

Reactions: totxxx

DJPAUL1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ooookay, let's go!

Features:
- LOD greatly increased
- More real vegetation

Instructions:

Thank you so much. Is good to see there are people who cares about the switch and not only emulators.

Your config is definitely the best fps performing config out there and cutscene works like a charm

But the config from ShinRaikdou that cobjak shared with us on page 15 is sharper (resolution better)

So now if someone can combine these twos, that would be the ultimate config :bow::bow:

Tanzeel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you share it with settings in emulator please? Did you have also a shader pack? Thanks
no i have no shader pack
settings everything default
just check yuzu res scaler should be x1 720p

Attachments

• XC3-Res+60fpsMod.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: totxxx

Red_BY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
I've been experimenting with configs on emulators and discovered some weird things.
Firstly resolution parameters don't work at all! Simply disabling "ColReduction" bumps resolution significantly on emulators but actual resolution settings don't do anything. Simply set emulator to 1X resolution and test configs, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, they all look the same. I didn't try going below 1.0 so not sure if lowering res maybe works. Also I noticed that with "ColReduction"disabled emulators can actually use their scaling options, otherwise it's just a blocky mess. Still not perfect as there are artifacts, I'd say 4X is the one with least issues but it's insanely demanding. Also I noticed that Ryujinx fares better at upscaling.
And one more, regardless of config settings cutscenes always go back to 720p, even with "ColReduction" disabled. Which is a bummer since game looks pretty good otherwise. Cutscenes also scale flawlessly using emulators scaling options.
Basically "ColReduction" is a cursed setting and I would really like to know what it actually does. And if anyone can confirm my speculations it would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!