Status
Not open for further replies.

StonersKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you guide about how to do 60fps and what are the contents of quality mod?
I don't think I'm allowed to post links but if you check on youtube for the channel Michael Chen he has a video from 1 day ago with instructions and files to download. He has it set somehow that using L+A and L+B on your controller will toggle 30fps and 60fps. It is true that cutscenes break and freeze/black out before ending at 60fps however his mod allows a toggle to 30fps during cutscenes without slowing them down.

Reactions: Tanzeel

Massaion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I've been experimenting with configs on emulators and discovered some weird things.
Firstly resolution parameters don't work at all! Simply disabling "ColReduction" bumps resolution significantly on emulators but actual resolution settings don't do anything. Simply set emulator to 1X resolution and test configs, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, they all look the same. I didn't try going below 1.0 so not sure if lowering res maybe works. Also I noticed that with "ColReduction"disabled emulators can actually use their scaling options, otherwise it's just a blocky mess. Still not perfect as there are artifacts, I'd say 4X is the one with least issues but it's insanely demanding. Also I noticed that Ryujinx fares better at upscaling.
And one more, regardless of config settings cutscenes always go back to 720p, even with "ColReduction" disabled. Which is a bummer since game looks pretty good otherwise. Cutscenes also scale flawlessly using emulators scaling options.
Basically "ColReduction" is a cursed setting and I would really like to know what it actually does. And if anyone can confirm my speculations it would be nice.
I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. Both the 3x and 4x configs look pretty much the same during gameplay. The emulator rescaler does work just like you've said but the artifact becomes worse and worse until 4x but that is too demanding for any hardware to maintain a clean 30 fps (I've got 15-20 fps on 3080 in a more demanding area). Ryujinx scales better with less artifact, very much playable at 2x in terms of image quality, but the stutter is constant which is also a no for me. I'm not sure about the cutscene rescaling.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but some of the effects in the game is missing on Yuzu. I'm not sure how much this apply to but the obvious one is the one scene during the prologue when all the casts seemingly look around at nothing, but if you go watch the trailer there will be firefly-like particle effects in that scene. I've not test far enough on Ryujinx to see whether this is also an issue on it.

Last edited by Massaion,

OldManKain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been experimenting with configs on emulators and discovered some weird things.
Firstly resolution parameters don't work at all! Simply disabling "ColReduction" bumps resolution significantly on emulators but actual resolution settings don't do anything. Simply set emulator to 1X resolution and test configs, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, they all look the same. I didn't try going below 1.0 so not sure if lowering res maybe works. Also I noticed that with "ColReduction"disabled emulators can actually use their scaling options, otherwise it's just a blocky mess. Still not perfect as there are artifacts, I'd say 4X is the one with least issues but it's insanely demanding. Also I noticed that Ryujinx fares better at upscaling.
And one more, regardless of config settings cutscenes always go back to 720p, even with "ColReduction" disabled. Which is a bummer since game looks pretty good otherwise. Cutscenes also scale flawlessly using emulators scaling options.
Basically "ColReduction" is a cursed setting and I would really like to know what it actually does. And if anyone can confirm my speculations it would be nice.
About 235 of the cutscenes are Pre-Rendered NVdec 720p webm video's, I've noticed that with in-engine cutscenes the Scaling does work with ColReduction false.

Tanzeel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. Both the 3x and 4x configs look pretty much the same during gameplay. The emulator rescaler does work just like you've said but the artifact becomes worse and worse until 4x but that is too demanding for any hardware to maintain a clean 30 fps (I've got 15-20 fps on 3080 in a more demanding area). Ryujinx scales better with less artifact, very much playable at 2x in terms of image quality, but the stutter is constant which is also a no for me. I'm not sure about the cutscene rescaling.

Also, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this but some of the effects in the game is missing on Yuzu. I'm not sure how big this is but the obvious one is the one scene during the prologue when all the casts seemingly look around at nothing, but if you go watch the trailer there will be firefly-like particle effects in that scene. I've not test far enough on Ryujinx to see whether this is also an issue on it.
in ryujinx my performance is so bad also ryujinx is blurry
yuzu on the other hand i m getting 60fps though i tested very little
using ryzen 5600x rtx 3080

Red_BY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
About 235 of the cutscenes are Pre-Rendered NVdec 720p webm video's, I've noticed that with in-engine cutscenes the Scaling does work with ColReduction false.
By scaling do you mean emulator scaling or config scaling? Because emulator does work while config reverts to 720p. At the very beginning there are bunch of cutscenes after first few battles and all of them are in engine but they don't scale at all on my setup.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ooookay, let's go!

After XC1DE and XC2/Torna, I bring you... ¡DunArd's preset for Xenoblade Chronicles 3!

This preset is mostly recommended to play in portable mode, since you have to use ReverseNX to put dock mode when you're using it in portable and the settings have been optimized so that the game works well overcloking GPU to 460MHz and looks good on Switch.

Features:
- Better shadows and lights
- Antialiasing revamped, now more efficient
- Slightly better resolution
- LOD greatly increased
- More real vegetation
- Performance between 26 and 30 FPS in large areas

Instructions:
- Unzip and drop Atmosphere folder in the MicroSD root.
- You need to download ReverseNX and put XC3 profile in docked mode to enjoy the resolution optimizations
- You need sys-clk to overclock GPU to 460MHz and CPU to 1582MHz

Direct comparison screenshots (more coming in the next days):

https://imgsli.com/MTE4MzMx
Can you make 60 fps enable?

OldManKain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By scaling do you mean emulator scaling or config scaling? Because emulator does work while config reverts to 720p. At the very beginning there are bunch of cutscenes after first few battles and all of them are in engine but they don't scale at all on my setup.
Almost all those cutscenes in the beginning battle are Pre-rendered that transition to in-game at the end of it. You can check this just by extracting the romfs, all cutscenes will be in the video folder. With the in game cutscenes you can set it so you have to press A to continue if you would like to test this. Also for some reason XC3 uses shaders during Pre-rendered cutscenes for some effects so it gives the illusion that they are in-game when they are actually pre-rendered.

Red_BY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Almost all those cutscenes in the beginning battle are Pre-rendered that transition to in-game at the end of it. You can check this just by extracting the romfs, all cutscenes will be in the video folder. With the in game cutscenes you can set it so you have to press A to continue if you would like to test this. Also for some reason XC3 uses shaders during Pre-rendered cutscenes for some effects so it gives the illusion that they are in-game when they are actually pre-rendered.
Here's a comparison, one is default resolution and the other is 3X. It's clearly in engine and not prerendered.
yuzu Early Access 2863 _ Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (64-bit) _ 1.0.0 _ NVIDIA 27_07_2022 00_08_54.png
yuzu Early Access 2863 _ Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (64-bit) _ 1.0.0 _ NVIDIA 27_07_2022 00_10_18.png

Also damn they look good.

redflamingolingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have tested both x3 and x4 res mod with 60 fps
x3 i am getting flat 60fps in fighting and open world
x4 i am getting 57-60fps
if any one want i can upload the mods here.
using yuzu opengl res scale x1 gpu acc high

There is a x3 and x4 res mod available that doesn't cause any black lines? Could you direct me to this please?

redflamingolingo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have tested both x3 and x4 res mod with 60 fps
x3 i am getting flat 60fps in fighting and open world
x4 i am getting 57-60fps
if any one want i can upload the mods here.
using yuzu opengl res scale x1 gpu acc high

Nevermind! I see you posted this!

Does the 60 fps cause double speed as well?

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To all the people complaining that resolution values don't do anything:

This is because they max out at 2.0 (or 2.5?). 3.0 and 4.0 will not do a thing. They do work, you're just not using it right.

Red_BY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
To all the people complaining that resolution values don't do anything:

This is because they max out at 2.0 (or 2.5?). 3.0 and 4.0 will not do a thing. They do work, you're just not using it right.
I just tested and saw no difference between stock resolution with ColReduction disabled and config set to 2.5 with ColReduction also disabled. I have a 4K monitor so low resolution is extremely obvious so unless I'm doing something wrong it just doesn't work. Also cutscenes just run at 720p regardless, you can easily tell because subtitles become more pixelated. Just disable ColReduction without touching any other setting and resolution bump will be obvious, res settings just do nothing in that case. I really have no idea how that all works but hopefully someone will figure it out.

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just tested and saw no difference between stock resolution with ColReduction disabled and config set to 2.5 with ColReduction also disabled.

Yes, well, like I said. You're not using it right. ColReduction interferes with the resolution scaling. Disabling that does all sorts of weird things. I know it gives the most drastic change right now, but ideally we'd be figuring out how to get a clean and higher resolution image without disabling that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People are gonna find loopholes around clan tags and make inappropriate names.