TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Apple has always been incredibly arrogant, especially now that they have all the hipsters and posers buying their crap. But Sony is arrogant, as well... if this guy thinks they aren't anymore, he's wrong.

Between the two companies, though, I like Apple far less. At least Sony has some decent products.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Apple and Sony both have decent products, but Apple probably sells way more products because all the hipster kids buy them, and today it seems the world population consists out of 99.9% hipster kids.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Overlord Nadrian said:
Apple and Sony both have decent products

Apple's are decent if you want to do exactly what Apple's decided it wants you to do with their products, and nothing more. Their stuff is too crippled, and you pay too much of a premium for it. They don't even offer Blu-Ray drives in their computers yet, for christ's sake. I don't like the level of control they seem to need ot have over what you do with your devices.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think any company can talk in that regard; you have to be arrogant to succeed in the business world - thinking you may have made a mistake slows you down and worsens your business. Unless, of course, it's a terrible idea. That's what committees are for.

But I agree with Sony. The iPhone is like the Wii, just portable. Full of crap, some decent minigames, and a few gems, all with the (old) gimmick of being a phone...and touch-screen, of course. The only thing they don't have is Nintendo's first party games ^^!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can't compare a iphone to a wii
dry.gif

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
TM2-Megatron said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
Apple and Sony both have decent products

Apple's are decent if you want to do exactly what Apple's decided it wants you to do with their products, and nothing more. Their stuff is too crippled, and you pay too much of a premium for it. They don't even offer Blu-Ray drives in their computers yet, for christ's sake. I don't like the level of control they seem to need ot have over what you do with your devices.
Their computers (at least the professional oriented ones) are not as bad in this regard; though you still see things like non-removable batteries and the like, and they are incredibly overpriced for the hardware power you get. The iPhone OS platform is the most locked piece of shit I've ever seen.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nando said:
geoflcl said:
BortzANATOR said:
Flash is an outdated dinosaur. Get with it man. Im not supporting apple on this one. But HTML5 is where the net needs to be moving. However everyone thinks that bitchy old flash is going to be the way, not even.

Yes, Flash is definitely in need of some optimization. But if it were to die, this isn't how it should. Apple wants a web where people are free to use whatever platform they want, and yet they do this.

would you rather apple buy adobe and simply discontinue flash just like adobe killed golive and freehand?

and the big difference between apple and sony is that apple has a reason to be arrogant.

Yes. Adobe is in bed with apple, Steve jobs is just a douche bag. Flash is old at doesn't work well at all. Have you ever tried to use framework 3?

QUOTE(monkat @ May 19 2010, 02:47 PM) But I agree with Sony. The iPhone is like the Wii, just portable. Full of crap, some decent minigames, and a few gems, all with the (old) gimmick of being a phone...and touch-screen, of course. The only thing they don't have is Nintendo's first party games ^^!

What are you even talking about?

QUOTE(KingVamp @ May 19 2010, 02:52 PM)
you can't compare a iphone to a wii
dry.gif
I believe he just did. Just not very well.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Sure it's moving towards HTML5, but is EVERYONE ready for the change?

It's just like USB and Firewire.
If USB gets an upgrade (which already has), it's rival, Firewire, will get one too.

Same with HTML and Flash minus the rivalry.
HTML4 to HTML5?
Then a new Flash will just be released i guess but Flash is constantly updated on Windows PCs anyways..

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sony is the pot calling the kettle black. Honestly, Sony were the most arrogant bunch of pricks for about 10 years running then the PlayStation was a house hold name among consoles and they were dominating both Sega and Nintendo in terms of sales, now the tides have turned and Microsoft and Nintendo are using Sony as their bitch because Sony are a bunch of stupid fucking idiots who couldn't design a developer friendly console, nor could the produce one that at launch was somewhat affordable.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
look who's talking! really, sony? your saying apple is and you guys aren't ?

stop embarrassing yourself sony. (PS3 calendar bug, PSP2, Move, 2 lawsuits, psp beaten by iphone/ipod in 2009 sales)

[off-topic]
i know the psp2's touch and the move's motion is just what the market wants but can't they fulfil that in an original way?
[/off-topic]

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm with everyone else- pot kettle black, hypocrisy, all that shit. Sony is getting more and more laughable by the day. They insult everyone, shit on other products, steal the products they shat upon, and then shit on the product they stole some more pretending they are better at it. They also insult gamers by mocking the people who buy the other products. That's essentially what they do with Nintendo all the time, insult the people who play it as "not real gamers."

And they were always like that. It's just now starting to come back to haunt them as they've slipped up lately. At least at one time, there was a valid reason they were top dog and didn't even NEED to taunt others. But now they've had to settle for a runner up spot in terms of gaming (if not third place). When you get to that point and still think you have a right to tout your dick around, there's something wrong with your business. And i'm insulting a game company which i personally enjoy too. I loved the PS1 and PS2, but there's no doubt that the company is slimy lying arrogant narcissists. Apple may or may not be as well, but Sony definitely is. Seems all they can do lately is mud sling. It's getting old and pathetic. I have never even owned or used an Apple product (besides school PC's) either, so don't accuse me of being an Apple fanboy. I don't care about their stuff nor do i want it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1