Julian Sidewind

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pyrmon24 said:
Brian117 said:
TwinRetro said:
IMO, a 10K iTunes gift card would be useless to me, and to most people. Why don't they just ship you a Mac Pro, and call it a day?

Well, you could always just use the giftcard to buy the Mac Pro, no?
No
It's an iTune card, not an Apple store card

It's okay, the prize is just free songs. Me thinks I can get free songs another way...

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Julian Sidewind said:
pyrmon24 said:
Brian117 said:
TwinRetro said:
IMO, a 10K iTunes gift card would be useless to me, and to most people. Why don't they just ship you a Mac Pro, and call it a day?

Well, you could always just use the giftcard to buy the Mac Pro, no?
No
It's an iTune card, not an Apple store card

It's okay, the prize is just free songs. Me thinks I can get free songs another way...

Free songs, and apps. don't for get the apps...which you could also get free another way...

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think they'd mind if you'd ask for a Mac Pro in exchange, that's still cheaper than $10,000 so they'd benefit anyway. I'd do that; worth a shot XD Even the most expensive Mac Pro with Cali tax (10%) totals to $5500. That's when you start to negotiate for SSD's, more RAM and a second display
wink.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I entered. If I win I'm going to ask for a exchange. I'd like a iDevice. I get what I want, and they save a few grand.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hakoda said:
I don't think they'd mind if you'd ask for a Mac Pro in exchange, that's still cheaper than $10,000 so they'd benefit anyway. I'd do that; worth a shot XD Even the most expensive Mac Pro with Cali tax (10%) totals to $5500. That's when you start to negotiate for SSD's, more RAM and a second display
wink.gif
Once, I tried maxing every option on the Mac Pro and it came up at 25,000$

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
Hakoda said:
wink.gif

wacko.gif
rofl.gif
ohmy.gif

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
aiRWaLKRe said:
pyrmon24 said:
Hakoda said:
wink.gif

wacko.gif
rofl.gif
ohmy.gif
Just maxed everything out that I could. Came out to $27,263.87. Well at least you could pay for a little over a third of it with the gift card. That is, if iTunes gift card actually worked in the Apple store, which they don't, unfortunately.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
It's almost over and still the rate is uber fast. Good thing it's not available here, Apple must be really bored when they came up with this idea, or they just want to enter the Guiness Book Of World Records by having 10BIL+ downloads in ONE to TWO days. (I say ONE to TWO because it's tooooooooo rapid)

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
wink.gif

Almost, it doesn't cost anything to apple (other than server maintenance) to allow a download from Itunes, the price for Mac pro costs thousands in hardware and software. However, what they lose is so minimal in terms of the proportions they make in revenue.

Edit, that counter is not accurate. Turn off your internet while watching the counter. The fact it still goes up when you do not have an internet connection means it's not pulling the information off a server, it's just a script that increases the number at a specific rate. Which means, don't rely on it.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
RoxasIsSora said:
I entered. If I win I'm going to ask for a exchange. I'd like a iDevice. I get what I want, and they save a few grand.
You won't if you only just entered. The prize is given to the person who downloads the 10,000,000,000th app OR the person who gets the form in just after the 999,999,999th app is bought. Whichever happens first. If you entered now you cannot win.

I also wish this was an Apple Store card. Would be so much more useful. Could buy a Macbook Pro specced to the Max (I know Macs stuck but, hey, a free PC is a free PC) and a simless iPhone4 64GB and still have money to spare for iPads etc. £6k is a lot of money.

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
RoxasIsSora said:
You won't if you only just entered. The prize is given to the person who downloads the 10,000,000,000th app OR the person who gets the form in just after the 999,999,999th app is bought. Whichever happens first. If you entered now you cannot win.

I also wish this was an Apple Store card. Would be so much more useful. Could buy a Macbook Pro specced to the Max (I know Macs stuck but, hey, a free PC is a free PC) and a simless iPhone4 64GB and still have money to spare for iPads etc. £6k is a lot of money.

943168019d1240763972-sourcebans-facepalm21.jpg

sorry, tht made me lol

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coreyfrog7 said:
Jamstruth said:
RoxasIsSora said:

sorry, tht made me lol

yeah because mac's really arent pc's with a different name
rolleyes.gif

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
CODE
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂvar downloadCounter = new DownloadCounter("/autopush/us/itunes/includes/countdown.inc"),
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂsetup = function() {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂdownloadCounter.setElement($("counter"));
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ};
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂdownloadCounter.setDigitImageAnimationCount(6);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂdownloadCounter.setDigitImageHeight(103);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂEvent.onDOMReady(setup);
ÂÂÂÂ
Theres more here http://images.apple.com/global/scripts/downloadcounter.js

Theres the code for the countdown wheres everyones at?? mines at 9 838 555 xxx

D

Deleted_171835

Vidboy10 said:
$10,000?
Thats about the same price for apartment rent.
Whoa.
ohmy.gif

That is way too much.
The typical cost of rent for an apartment monthly is $1,000. Definitely not $10,000.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vidboy10 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Vidboy10 said:
$10,000?
Whoa.
ohmy.gif

That is way too much.
The typical cost of rent for an apartment monthly is $1,000. Definitely not $10,000.
Well the rent here in Vancouver is like, 2,000 to 3,000 CAD
That is crazy. In the area I live in rent is usually from 1,000 to 2,000. It matters about how much rooms also matters about the building. If the building is fancy then I guess the rent is 3,000.

D

Deleted_171835

Vidboy10 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Vidboy10 said:
$10,000?
Whoa.
ohmy.gif

That is way too much.
You must be talking about luxury apartments, then.
That is quite costly!

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SoulSnatcher said:
Vidboy10 said:
SoulSnatcher said:
Vidboy10 said:
$10,000?
Whoa.
ohmy.gif

That is way too much.
You must be talking about luxury apartments, then.
That is quite costly!
No dude, Vancouver is like in the top 5 for being one of the most expensive cities in the world.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny