Apple Vs the FBI

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apple-vs-fbi-4th-amendment.jpg

Recently Apple has sent a letter to it's customers. On Tuesday a Carolinian Judge ordered apple to assist with unlocking the iPhone 5c for one of the the San Bernardino shooters Syed Rizwan Farook. In the letter it says. We are challenging the FBI's demands with the deepest respect for American democracy and a love of our country." It also seems one of the Google bosses and the CEO of Whatsapp are some of the major brands who respect Apples decisions on fighting back.

Here is what is to be said from Google Boss Sundar Pichai

“We know that law enforcement and intelligence agencies face significant challenges in protecting the public against crime and terrorism. We build secure products to keep your information safe and we give law enforcement access to data based on valid legal orders. But that’s wholly different than requiring companies to enable hacking of customer devices & data. Could be a troubling precedent.

Here is what the creator of Whatsapp. Jan Koum had to say on the situation

“I have always admired Tim Cook for his stance on privacy and Apple’s efforts to protect user data, and couldn’t agree more with everything said in their customer letter today,”

Also NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden has also backed Apple

"The @FBI is creating a world where citizens rely on #Apple to defend their rights, rather than the other way around. https://www.apple.com/customer-letter/ …"

Sources

Edward Snowden
https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/699984388067557376?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
Sundar Pichai
https://twitter.com/sundarpichai/status/700104298600886272?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
Jan Koum
https://www.facebook.com/jan.koum/posts/10153907267490011

Letter
http://www.apple.com/customer-letter/

FBI vs Apple what does the FBI Want?

The FBI wants apple to make it so the phone does not crease it self[ after ten failed password attempts.
(which I didn't even know was a thing)

The FBI wants it to be possible to brute force login combinations

The FBI does not want delay. You know when how you enter a iPhone password wrong it shows that red bubble with time. The FBI also wants that removed

Who do you think will win in this FBI vs Apple debate.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I've never seen a terrorist in person in my entire life. Have you? But I do have government agencies controlling almost every aspect of my life. From medical care to having to work and pay taxes. Which is the bigger threat to liberty?

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I've never seen a terrorist in person in my entire life.
And how would you know? Only if that terrorist was on most wanted lists but other than that, you wouldn't think much of him/her.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
And how would you know? Only if that terrorist was on most wanted lists but other than that, you wouldn't think much of him/her.
Ok, no terrorist has ever influenced my life. I have never felt threatened, or had any real fear of myself or my friends/family being the casualties of an attack. I have, however, been greatly effected by the terrorist paranoia and the infringing policies it has spawned.

This brings up a really good point as well. The term terrorist is defined as a person/persons who use violence and intimidation in order to coerce for political reasons. So, I'm still pretty confident that I've never run into a 'terrorist', maybe I've seen a religious radical without knowing it, but until they do something they're just people. Who's to say that anyone, including you, doesn't have a breaking point that would spawn violence in retaliation to some unfair policy. Everyone on this planet could be a potential terrorist. But that still doesn't convince me to hand my life over to any organization in trade for the illusion of security. Especially one that uses war (an act of violence) to coerce other governing bodies (political purpose).

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, Snowden. If it weren't for you the NSA would have forced Apple to do it in secret and install it on every iPhone out there.
they already did snowden is a shill it's all made up BS all these companies already have backdoors hey already give it all over tot eh government it is another fake story lies on top of lies on top of lies these companies are just getting PR out of it , fooling their customers into trusting them

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
FBI wants one phone to be decrypted, and not a backdoor.

1st hipsters..

now criminals.

when would apple just be good and dont be evil..... use android.

Reactions: dpad_5678

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone who believes that apple google and MS do not already have backdoors and do not already already hand everything over to the government is mentally retarded , also if you believe anything the media and government tells you you are retarded

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
anyone who believes that apple google and MS do not already have backdoors and do not already already hand everything over to the government is mentally retarded , also if you believe anything the media and government tells you you are retarded

sooo.... the government and apple is bored and is creating this story for the lulz..

so dont trust the media which told us what Snowden knew .

so life is that black and white. every media outlet is bad... every person that works for a big company is bad. every person which is selected by a person to be in government is bad. every person who voted for some one to be elected is bad.

so 99% plus of people are bad.

mentally retarded

okay..

Last edited by Flame,

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What else do you expect from Apple? Lol.

First they sell piece of shit technology for $700+ and now they refuse to co-operate with the US GOVERNMENT?!?
Bahahahaha.

Reactions: Flame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay