Hacking App Packed with Injectiine Fails to Install

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wanted to create my own Custom Nintendo 64 Virtual Console App. Specifically I wanted to install The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Master Quest Hack from my Majora's Mask VC app (that I legitimately bought), I've tested it with Loadiine format created Injectiine, and it works. But when I use the option to create an installable app, it packs with no errors, but then WUP Installer GX2 refuses to install it onto USB (and I haven't tried it with my NAND), says something about DLC/eShop needing Sigpatches, even though I have CBHC, I've tried just changing the folder name to ZELDA, I've tried running Mocha, I've reinputted the Common Key, can someone help me?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to create my own Custom Nintendo 64 Virtual Console App. Specifically I wanted to install The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - Master Quest Hack from my Majora's Mask VC app (that I legitimately bought), I've tested it with Loadiine format created Injectiine, and it works. But when I use the option to create an installable app, it packs with no errors, but then WUP Installer GX2 refuses to install it onto USB (and I haven't tried it with my NAND), says something about DLC/eShop needing Sigpatches, even though I have CBHC, I've tried just changing the folder name to ZELDA, I've tried running Mocha, I've reinputted the Common Key, can someone help me?
What does CBHC autoboot to?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kafluke It Autoboots to System Menu. But I've booted Mocha from both the CBHC menu, and from the Homebrew Launcher. I've also rebuilt the installation multiple times with different ID's.
Have you tried any other WUP installers? Try WUP installer mod y. You can get it in the Wii u app store or just Google it. Try installing the WUP Installer GX2 channel also.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I managed to get it to install by shortening the name to
"Zelda: Majora's Mask
Master Quest"
when building it.
And all my custom banners work. But when I boot, the banner shows up and it plays the boot sound, but continues to loop the boot sound and display the banner but doesn't want to load. Any idea's there? It works with Loadiine.

Last edited by OldGnashburg,

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't follow the template for banners as in the thread below here, then it sounds like they won't boot.
This is what was said in the Wii VC thread but may apply for making them for other apps as well.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/banners-icon-templates-for-wii-vc.483080/

also wup installer croaks on special characters as well, like the weird e sometimes used in pokemon... yeah won't install if that's there. Just a friendly fyi.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was able to get it to install, it displays everything properly, when the banner comes up, it stays up and the boot sound loops, and just loops and loops, and doesn't change to the Virtual Console app.
@SonicMC
I decided to not pack it just to check out the .tga files and see if they match up with the specifications you linked me to, and they match up, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Anyone have other suggestions?

EDIT:
Please Help, I've been trying to run the installed app, and I've reinstalled it with slight variations for almost 24 hours now and it just doesn't want to work. I don't even get an error code, it just loads up all the custom images properly and but doesn't switch to the app. It works with Loadiine? Am I actually retarded?

EDIT:
@Kafluke, now that I can get it to install, I've tried both WUPInstaller y Mod, and GX2, but it still just hangs (? is that the the right terminology) with the banner and jingle.

Last edited by OldGnashburg,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired