Hacking Ao no Kiseki PPSSPP HD Texture Pack

Miguel27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like they used ⊥ in the Chinese script for the heart, can you see if you can compile these?
Oh and they used ¤ for the ♪ as well (also already replaced in these files).
If not I guess we'll just see about improving the executable to work with the font that displays the heart and note properly.

Attachments

• py.ori.fmt.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 163
Last edited by Miguel27,

OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like they used ⊥ in the Chinese script for the heart, can you see if you can compile these?
Oh and they used ¤ for the ♪ as well (also already replaced in these files).
If not I guess we'll just see about improving the executable to work with the font that displays the heart and note properly.

That's not allowed either apparently. I could maybe re-encode everything into gbk which the Chinese release uses but it would probably break other stuff

Miguel27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, don't worry about it then, there's plenty of Japanese character still in the files and even if it's not displayed in-game, it might affect things. I'll see about making the switch back to the original Zero font to fix these.

Last edited by Miguel27,

Miguel27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually thought about modifying the Chinese font to use those characters (by replacing the map for ⊥ and ¤ with ㈱ and ♪) and it seems to have worked, the heart isn't exactly the same but it works.
Fixed for both the heart and musical note.

2018-07-13_12-55-18.jpg

Attachments

• user.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 182
Last edited by Miguel27,

YakumoYuuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Ao PC game not working after i install the newest PC texture pack, said something like: VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing even though i have that in system32 and already installed Visual C++ Redistributable Packages to fix it! Any ideas why guys?

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Ao PC game not working after i install the newest PC texture pack, said something like: VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing even though i have that in system32 and already installed Visual C++ Redistributable Packages to fix it! Any ideas why guys?
Install the 32-bit version, and try copying it to same directory as exe

OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the Ao voice scripts have the same duplicated voice line problem Zero had for some lines? Assuming they did since I forgot to fix that until today, though I still haven't actually tested it personally so not sure... Anyway uploaded a new version with 146 sound play instructions commented out to match the Japanese scripts provided which should resolve that.

Miguel27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OrangeFlavored
Finished my game, here's a small update to fix a typo that makes things a bit confusing and some dash symbols that needed to be replaced.
Tested your fix a bit and it seems to work. My files here also comment out a couple voices that still overlapped (they are at the very end of the game). Hopefully I commented out the right one, I'll test when you compile them.

Attachments

• py.ori.fmt.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 158
Last edited by Miguel27,

OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OrangeFlavored
Finished my game, here's a small update to fix a typo that makes things a bit confusing and some dash symbols that needed to be replaced.
Tested your fix a bit and it seems to work. My files here also comment out a couple voices that still overlapped (they are at the very end of the game). Hopefully I commented out the right one, I'll test when you compile them.

Updated

Miguel27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently your fix introduced a bug when loading from saves at the end of the chapter (when the game asks if you want to save), when loading those saves the screen is completely black, you can move around and even go to the menus but you can't see anything and you're probably stuck.
What seems to be happening is that the game doesn't seem to like the changes made to the files and puts you on the map in which the chapter ends, I confirmed this because you can look at the in-game map when you load it and it puts me in the place in which we were when the chapter ended.
I managed to track down the file that was causing issues for one of those chapter saves and as you can see here: https://www.diffchecker.com/6yaA4Smj
The only difference between them is the #Sound you added.
Honestly have no idea what could be causing this but replacing this file to uncomment the Sound commands does indeed fix that save.
Also seems like no other saves are affected, only the chapter saves, probably because of the special way in which they save the character positions.
I guess what I'll do is start looking for these files for all the chapters that have issues and post the fixed versions here later (this is pretty time consuming since I'm almost checking the file one by one since I have no clues about which files actually have the issue), unless you can think of a reason as to why this is happening.

Last edited by Miguel27,

OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So apparently your fix introduced a bug when loading from saves at the end of the chapter (when the game asks if you want to save), when loading those saves the screen is completely black, you can move around and even go to the menus but you can't see anything and you're probably stuck.
What seems to be happening is that the game doesn't seem to like the changes made to the files and puts you on the map in which the chapter ends, I confirmed this because you can look at the in-game map when you load it and it puts me in the place in which we were when the chapter ended.
I managed to track down the file that was causing issues for one of those chapter saves and as you can see here: https://www.diffchecker.com/6yaA4Smj
The only difference between them is the #Sound you added.
Honestly have no idea what could be causing this but replacing this file to uncomment the Sound commands does indeed fix that save.
Also seems like no other saves are affected, only the chapter saves, probably because of the special way in which they save the character positions.
I guess what I'll do is start looking for these files for all the chapters that have issues and post the fixed versions here later (this is pretty time consuming since I'm almost checking the file one by one since I have no clues about which files actually have the issue), unless you can think of a reason as to why this is happening.

Huh, not sure. I double checked against the Japanese script and all the commented lines I did matched theirs on that script... Unless doing that messed with line counts somehow and the Japanese was modified to account for it but mine was not or something, I'm not sure. For now I'll just put the old one back up so people can use it if they're having problems I guess. Was it just the one chapter, or all of the chapter end saves broken? Probably worth checking if finishing a chapter and continuing normally will also be broken...

Miguel27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the fixed files.
I checked all the chapters and they all load fine with these (shouldn't have any problems going through them without the saves either).
This does mean 8 or so #Sound comments get undone but gotta live with that I guess.

Attachments

• py.ori.fmt.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 145
Last edited by Miguel27,

OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the fixed files.
I checked all the chapters and they all load fine with these (shouldn't have any problems going through them without the saves either).
This does mean 8 or so #Sound comments get undone but gotta live with that I guess.

Alright, 8/146 or so isn't so bad.

OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, updated my original post. Unfortunately it seems like unlike the original leaked script this one has a huge amount of line mismatch errors, 4,343 of them compared to 190 in the leaked patch. I think this might just be because Flame changed around the structure of the lines and added extra line breaks all over the place but not really sure, I included the list (import_py_report.txt) so if you want to look and compare between Flame's, leaked, and original Japanese in more depth you could. In most of these cases I think that it will just mean the extra lines won't be voiced (since corresponding lines don't exist in Japanese) but there might be a problem of desynced scenes like Zero had especially in auto-advancing type cutscenes it seems like that tended to happen.

Also it occurs to me that problems loading saves you had before might be caused by data from the old scripts being in the save file and conflicting with the new script, you could try loading a save a bit before the bugged point and saving again there with the new scripts to see if it still causes the error, assuming these scripts still have it. Though if such a thing happens it might be that Flame's scripts will cause a lot more problems like that since they have been changed so much and have so many extra lines and stuff. Then again it could have also been me being clumsy the first time I fixed the muted stuff, I tried to be more careful this time

Last edited by OrangeFlavored,

Miguel27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also it occurs to me that problems loading saves you had before might be caused by data from the old scripts being in the save file and conflicting with the new script, you could try loading a save a bit before the bugged point and saving again there with the new scripts to see if it still causes the error, assuming these scripts still have it. Though if such a thing happens it might be that Flame's scripts will cause a lot more problems like that since they have been changed so much and have so many extra lines and stuff. Then again it could have also been me being clumsy the first time I fixed the muted stuff, I tried to be more careful this time
Possibly but given that people might want to load those saves at some point, it's best to be backwards compatible here, it's not that many lines anyway. I'll give that a try with Flame's script though (since it would likely have the same issue).

I'll fix all the stuff I fixed in the leaked version (that I manage to remember anyway) and post it here tomorrow. As far as catching desynced stuff, I have finished the game already and not really feeling like replaying right away so we'll have to wait for other people to report stuff and then look into it.

Last edited by Miguel27,

OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah for the most part I think ZhenjianYang's script did a pretty good job keeping text blocks matched together so that stuff didn't desync too far even when the line counts didn't match up exactly, should only be maybe an issue in cutscenes that advance the text automatically like the race scene in Zero or something. Should be pretty obvious if it happens anyway so I'm sure someone will report it sooner or later, or I'll see it if I ever get off my ass and stop procrastinating on finishing Zero already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...