Hacking Ao no Kiseki PPSSPP HD Texture Pack

moonblood666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've posted a similar thing few months ago and didn't find an answer:

The point is... The Japanese Zero no Kiseki PC version has terrible load times and supposedly these are due to bad shader optimization...

JoseJL who is working on the current Geofront fan translation edit posted this in regards to the problem:

"Zero no Kiseki runs on an older version of Ys VIII's engine ( they remade the whole rendering for D3D11 for Ys VIII), but it seems that old habits die hard.

From what I have looked at it so far, it's the same issue. A full screen capture is copied to a new texture that gets recreated each frame on the CPU.

This also applies to any fadeouts effects."

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/0/3288067088108655474/#c3288067088108884021

These fade out effects cause 10 second load times on screen transitions for me. Any idea how to fix this?

Last edited by moonblood666,

jimkage

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What do I do to slap some english translation into my chinese pc version and does we have 60 fps unlock for pc version ? tks

Miguel27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@superninja2525 @OrangeFlavored
Ao has finally been leaked.
The translated files from Guren are here: https://pixeldra.in/u/co_LUG (these are obviously the PSP files, completely untouched by me)
I look forward to fixing stuff with you guys again. :P

I have already taken a look at the files and every image that Guren's team translated, superninja had already done, except for these 3 below, but Guren's version are super low quality so not worth using as-is.

All that really needs to be done is for OrangeFlavored to take a look at the scripts and add the voices and we can start testing it.

I merged everything we already had and replaced the text files with Guren's here: https://mega.nz/#!yAE2CKra!RdVqiPl314P898FNJnvJ1BJSgFK2E0iPZXpJwwig9I4 (in this version there's voice/scena-unvoiced and voice/scena-voiced-old-translation where the first one is the new translation without voices).
Text stuff from Guren:
battle/dat files.
monsnote/monsnote.dt2
story folder
text folder
And obviously the scena files.

Attachments

• visual.zip
    227.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by Miguel27,

supermist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with the patch out I updated to the newest version of PPSSPP, but I don't see a memstick folder anymore to drop the texture pack in. Are the steps to get this up and running different now?

EDIT: Seems that while PPSSPP is running minimize to a windowed screen, click file and open memory stick.

There doesn't appear to be an actual folder named memstick anymore. Open the PSP folder, create a folder named TEXTURES, and drop the folder named NPJH50473 directly into it.

Combine this with the 60 fps patch and you've got a decent way to run the game until the translation gets properly ported to the PC version.

Last edited by supermist,

Miguel27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, @superninja2525 here's the EBOOT as well.
And I'd recommend using this font (it's the font you had for Zero) because the font you have in your files simply hides unstranslated bits (while this one shows that there's something wrong there).

Attachments

• EBOOT.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 174
  • user.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 184

OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 8/7: Flame's edit has been released, so the voice scripts have been updated to reflect it.

Also unfortunately this version has significantly more mismatched lines from the Japanese version, I believe because Flame did not stick as close to their structure as Guren did and broke up thousands of lines where he felt it made sense. You can see import_py_report.txt the list of them and check in the Japanese/leaked versions of the scripts if you want, if you notice anything I screwed up in decompiling/cleaning these up let me know and I'll try to fix it. Like if you see c0000, 3800,161,00006: No text in this line」。 then just open c0000.py and search for 0161 (second number after comma as you can see there) and it will take you to the relevant line you can compare across each file. I checked a small sampling of them myself and it seemed to be things like this

Code:
    #C0822
    ChrTalk(
        0x101,
        "#5P#00006Fああ、国防軍だけど……\x02",
    )

Code:
    #C0822

ChrTalk(
        0x101,
        (
            "#5P#00006FYes, about the State\x01",
            "Guard...\x02",
        )
    )

where obviously the English just has more lines than the Japanese did but I can't vouch for whether all 4,000+ lines are like that or if I made a mistake somewhere in producing the scripts that just wasn't obvious from the few samples I checked.

Not sure if this will lead to any fully desynced scenes like Zero had but we'll see I guess. I'll leave the most recent version based on the leaked patch up as well as a backup (or just in case someone wants to compare to help debug where things go wrong)

edit 8/10: Updated with text fixes from @Miguel27

Attachments

• Ao Voice Scripts 7-27.7z
    6.9 MB · Views: 163
  • Ao Voice Scripts (Flame Edit) 8-10.7z
    7 MB · Views: 168
Last edited by OrangeFlavored,
Reactions: Miguel27

Miguel27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OrangeFlavored
I have fixed all the names and other words that had issues in Zero (at least I think I got them all), please compile these for me.

Attachments

• py.ori.fmt.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 172

BlueLightning

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Oh, @superninja2525 here's the EBOOT as well.
And I'd recommend using this font (it's the font you had for Zero) because the font you have in your files simply hides unstranslated bits (while this one shows that there's something wrong there).

Where should I put the font file? it's for the Ao patch, right?

sorry, first time I tried this so I don't know how.

Miguel27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OrangeFlavored
Here's another updated. Fixed all (hopefully) choice menus and some other broken words.
EDIT: Fixed a couple more things.

Attachments

• py.ori.fmt.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 157
Last edited by Miguel27,

OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OrangeFlavored
Another update (there's a crash related to a menu, hopefully this fixes it).
Also finished fixing all broken words.

Sorry, forgot to check back here for a little while. Anyway I updated it but unfortunately the heart symbol is not supported by this encoding type (ms932). For now I just used the note symbol (♪) to replace the heart symbols there, if you can think of a more appropriate fix let me know and I'll put that in instead. I think ms932 includes Shift-JIS + ASCII character sets so it should probably be from one or the other of those.

Miguel27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, ♥ should be include in ASCII code I believe. But I guess what you did is fine too.
Though it seems like MS932 might actually just be Shift-JIS, not really sure on that. I'll try to see what symbol that was in the Japanese version.

Last edited by Miguel27,

OrangeFlavored

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird, ♥ should be include in ASCII code I believe. But I guess what you did is fine too.
Though it seems like MS932 might actually just be Shift-JIS, not really sure on that. I'll try to see what symbol that was in the Japanese version.

Yeah I checked that and the Japanese version used the same ㈱ that got left over in the English.

I think these were in Zero too now that I think about it and I just edited them out since I didn't know what they were. (edit: oh no I checked and I left them in, can't remember how they looked in-game though) Could be that the font is supposed to replace them with an appropriate symbol or something but it doesn't work on the English version? Not sure. You tried playing a part in-game where that symbol appears?

edit: Yeah just checked in Zero and I think the proper thing to do would be to leave those symbols in. I'll edit and recompile with them placed back into the script. See:

Code:
    ChrTalk(
        0xE,
        "I'll give you a discount today㈱\x02",
    )

Attachments

• scr_20180527-134117.jpg
    scr_20180527-134117.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 186
Last edited by OrangeFlavored,

Miguel27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, it seems like the heart was displaying fine already (I changed it because I was looking through the files for all broken characters and found that ㈱) but since we changed font to work better with the Chinese executable, it doesn't display that heart anymore... not sure if we should change back to the Zero font to display the heart properly, I'll try that myself and see how it looks.
It also seems like the new symbol you used (the ♪) doesn't display with the Chinese font, but that symbol was already used before I think, not entirely sure if that had display issues too or not...
But just do what you mentioned for now though and I'll see what's up with the fonts later as I play more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)