Hacking Anyway to use more than 64GB SD card internally?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
this thread seems to be full of misinformation, so let me just clear the air for the clueless and misinformed:

64GB and 128GB SDHC cards CAN be used.

Partitioning tools like Gparted, PartitionAssistant by AOMEI, or Partition Master by EASEUS can make this very easy, and there are trial versions out there of those last two mentioned. Just fill the drives with a FAT32 partition, with 4K or 8K cluster size for best performance, and you're good to go. :)

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this thread seems to be full of misinformation, so let me just clear the air for the clueless and misinformed:

64GB and 128GB SDHC cards CAN be used.

Partitioning tools like Gparted, PartitionAssistant by AOMEI, or Partition Master by EASEUS can make this very easy, and there are trial versions out there of those last two mentioned. Just fill the drives with a FAT32 partition, with 4K or 8K cluster size for best performance, and you're good to go. :)

Thats what I told him to do, try a different software. The only one he tried was the one created from Nintendo. GOD!!!

Reactions: Jayro

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
One thing I would like to have cleared up once and for all: Has anyone a 64GB SD or bigger in his 3DS and has filled more than 32 GB of it with .cia? And does the 3DS recognize all of the games and does all of them work?

I remember that you could use a FAT32 formated 64 GB micro SD with Supercard DS2, but if you fill it above 32GB, some games aren't recognized anymore by the card.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One thing I would like to have cleared up once and for all: Has anyone a 64GB SD or bigger in his 3DS and has filled more than 32 GB of it with .cia? And does the 3DS recognize all of the games and does all of them work?

I remember that you could use a FAT32 formated 64 GB micro SD with Supercard DS2, but if you fill it above 32GB, some games aren't recognized anymore by the card.

Yes, the 3ds will even show the amount of blocks you have. Again, look at this guide:
http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2013...-upgrade-your-3ds-sd-card-to-64gb-and-beyond/

Reactions: pedrobarca

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its been done, member on maxconsole used a 128GB SD card because he had a shit ton of CIA's to install.

Reactions: pedrobarca

blazingwolf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this worked:

http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2013...-upgrade-your-3ds-sd-card-to-64gb-and-beyond/

Windows now sees it as 1 64GB parititon, whats weird is, the 3DS saw it at 460000 blocks before I did this change, and after the ugprade its the same. So I went online and 32GB roughly equates to 256000 blocks, so 64GB must be equal to 5120000...accounting for partition size loss...the 3DS already saws the card as 64GB. I can't explain this but everything is sorted out now, thanks for the help

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
What filesystem does the Wii U use, and has it been reverse-engineered yet? Or is it just WBFS?

I'm also saddened that exFAT hasn't been added to more devices yet, since Samsung open-sourced their exFAT driver after it leaked online. TVs and set-top Blu-ray players really need exFAT so we can load movies from a USB stick that are are over 4GB in size, without having to transcode the movie below 4GB first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E