Hardware Anyway to use a "foreign" Visa on eshop?

MeowTheMouse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hello!

Been trying to add funds to my eshop and it wouldn't just work, I don't remember it being this way years ago when I bought WiiWare games. I can't even find any site that sells eshop cards for a reasonable price

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

MeowTheMouse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I keep getting error code: 005-6511 ><"
I just bought my 3DS and I was planning on buying every game digitally and this is just disappointing :(

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can get them to work using the right info. I have a US 3DS which wouldn't accept my bank details due to my postcode. Changed the country on it to Brazil because they use postcodes there and the funds come out

jowan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Give me all the information regarding the card and I'll tell you..JK...it should work, but if you're interested, I always buy my 3DS cards in a really good website, I0m not posting it 'cause I think it's against the rules, but if you want PM me and I'll send you the page.

Flavio Suaréz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And then change the region to US? I'm not liking the Brazilian prices :P
ya, brazil prices sucks, they are doing that cuz if they put only 30USD for a game the stores will be ruined ,everyone would buy only from e-shop becuz a if u buy physically a game you'll pay 80~100 USD, brazilians are buying from Canada E-Shop.
in my opinion is stupid to split the e-shop and prices between the regions, cuz some regions are too overpriced.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And then change the region to US? I'm not liking the Brazilian prices :P

I haven't tried it myself but if you register your card to your 3ds and then change your region to us, it may work. I ain't bothered changing it because the convertion rate works out cheap enough for me

jairo4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
When I asked Nintendo about using a credit card from my country, got banned from Nintendo Club.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ya, brazil prices sucks, they are doing that cuz if they put only 30USD for a game the stores will be ruined ,everyone would buy only from e-shop becuz a if u buy physically a game you'll pay 80~100 USD, brazilians are buying from Canada E-Shop.
in my opinion is stupid to split the e-shop and prices between the regions, cuz some regions are too overpriced.

It actually makes sense to put your region prices on the system, I mean, the console needs to have normal prices, if the prices are too different from what you'd get on a store, they'd be losing money. Also, by buying something from another country's eshop, you'd be paying the taxes for that country and not your own, so obviously countries will try to stop that from happening, there's nothing wrong with that.

meikiyou

0001-4065-3866
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When I asked Nintendo about using a credit card from my country, got banned from Nintendo Club.
I was banned for asking how could I get my points from e-shop games, they said my Credit Card were from Brazil so I had to be banned lol.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Gamestop used to email their codes, but I can't seem to find the 3DS one anymore.
You could try maximuscards if you don't mind paying a couple $$ extra.

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the exact same thing I am having a problem with,I live in the Middle east "UAE" to be more specific because its not a supported region I cannot at all access any Eshop content except demos and free stuff,I so wanna buy games from the Eshop but its impossible because Nintendo are lazy asses they won't extend there reach to newer regions,anyways I was able to get a 20$ eshop card from a store which has already ran out of the gift cards,so this means I am totally screwed for the next couple a months until the store gets new shipment in,but I would like to thank Microsoft for bringing Xbox live to UAE,anyways hope Nintendo are able to solve this problem and bring Eshop to more and more regions,they should tackle this problem like Microsoft,bringing support to different regions every year,hope they realize this problem with the Wii u.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
You should use prepaid cards. If you dont find a digital pre-paid (I dont find any yet), buy a phisical. There are some sites that even "read" the content of a phisical prepaid card and send to you via e-mail.

You are not 100% right on that. eShop retail prices for Brazil are high, but non retail games are even cheaper than USA. I did a research some time ago, and the best countrie on Americas region to buy retail games on eShop was USA, and the best to buy regular eShop games was Brazil. Dont buy from Canada, you will lose your money doing that.

MooseHead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the extreme necrobump, but I figure there's no reason to start a new thread if this already exists.
Is there literally no way to even change your region to Canada/Brazil without having to format your system after the 7.0 update and the inclusion of Nintendo IDs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 16 is becoming bare minimum for today's gaymes +1