Anyway to load bootmii at start up yet

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fvnfish, Oct 5, 2009.

1. fvnfish
    OP

fvnfish GBAtemp Regular

Mar 27, 2009
    United States
    Is there any way to load bootmii at the start up of your wii if it is only an IOS?

2. xzxero

xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

Jul 18, 2008
    United States
    SB
    no.

3. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    Sure Patch your system menu to bootmii's IOS.lol only problem is, it will semi brick you.lol and keep you in a bootmii loop when booting your system meu.lol

by the way i'm joking, dont try it, its does work but you can't access the system menu

4. Slowking

Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 31, 2006
    Gambia, The
  5. fvnfish
    OP

fvnfish GBAtemp Regular

Mar 27, 2009
    United States
    I gave the bootmii booter a try this afternoon it didn't do much. but oh well here's hopeing to get my bricked wii I am sending to nintendo tomorrow replaced with one that is able to install bootmii as boot2 [​IMG]

Thanks for the replies!

6. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    are you on crack?
    you won't get an older Wii
    If you hacked your Wii, they will know and you will NOT get a replacement for free (or even repaired for free for that matter.)

7. FenrirWolf

FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 19, 2008
    United States
    Sandy, UT
    When a Wii is bricked, Nintendo only sees the same black screen that we do. They can't tell if there's anything installed to it.

8. beegee7730

beegee7730 ITS PAAFEKUTO!

Banned
    Mar 31, 2009
    England
    Chances are though due to the success of Bootmii, Nintendo are scrapping all Boot1 vulnerable Wiis.

9. fvnfish
    OP

fvnfish GBAtemp Regular

Mar 27, 2009
    United States

Your answer to am I on crack---> No i just blaze it.

I already talked to Nintendo since my warranty is not up, they are going to send a wii within 3 business days, they said it is not refurbished or new' it's one that there techs built for people with a warranty that don't want to wait for them to fix there wii. I have my whole consumer file saved from a previous call to Nintendo, so when I call tomorrow all I have to do is give them credit card info and they charge it 5 dollars for shipping. So when that Wii gets here I will send the bricked one back to Nintendo in that same box.

So the real question.. are you on crack?

10. linuxares

linuxares GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 5, 2007
    Stop flaming and get back to topic!

11. Captin

Captin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 17, 2008

You dont think Nintendo have some way of reading the nand to see what's been done to it, like a car technician can plug something into your car to check diagnostics, or the same thing they do with mobile phones.