Hacking Anyway to downgrade 11.5 to 11. W/o nand backup using B9s and Luma 8.1.1

busmanl30

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this possible by any chance I want to downgrade because Nintendo is attacking 11.5 AMD I want to use ctrpwn on 11.3 or 11.2

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nintendo is attacking what?

Also, why would you want to downgrade? You're just gonna raise a bigger flag for them to ban you.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nintendo is attacking 11.5
Please do not let paranoia cause you do something both pointless and stupid.
Nintendo isn't targeting 11.5 nor 11.6 and your chances of getting banned aren't avoided by downgrading. You are effectively wasting time on something that simply won't help you.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We won't be seeing much of these threads in the near future. Anyone that keeps up with Luma nightlies would know the next release will only work with online services on 11.6. So anyone trying to stay on a lower firm will have to stay on 8.1.1 to continue using it. People will have two choices, either stay on lower firmwares and not be able to use online features and newer releases of Luma; or update already and continue using everything normally. There is absolutely no reason to stay on an outdated firmware, so hate to be the bearer of bad news but you'll have to update if you want to keep using Luma after the next release.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but you're evidence that Nintendo is targeting 11.5 simply does not exist. No matter the firmware, unless you were to downgrade to a ridiculously low firmware before online services were implemented, putting the 3ds at risk for an mcu brick, firmware is not a factor in the recent banwaves and waves to come. I fell like I've mentioned a great deal about it in a post I made today. Some of it doesn't apply to you, but I do think it's worth reading.
I haven't read everything here, but to debunk most of this, if the op is really this afraid, deleting all Homebrew apps would make the console indistinguishable from a vanilla 3ds. A cfw in essence is just several patches applied to the 3ds OS upon booting. Everything about your nnid being tainted has no evidence whatever, and is complete paranoia. The only possible way it could be detected if you have a cfw with nothing else installed is if you sent the console into Nintendo to get it fixed. My advice is to update a9lh to b9s. This will allow you to use any Homebrew app you like injected into DS download play. This completely conceals what you're doing, while opening access to everything you've been doing prior untill now (emulators, hb games etc). The guide to upgrade is here, and I can guarantee without a hint of doubt you will be completely safe from any future banwaves to come. https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html
Something I do not mention here is the root cause of the bans, which have been most likely pinpointed at invalid title ID's, which injecting the apps via Rosalina as I mentioned here will fix.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks