Hacking AnyRegion Changer 1.1.2 (3.3K support modification by QLeap)

QLeap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AnyRegion Changer 1.1b by tona is a great homebrew that can change your Wii in any region but Korea.

So here I present a modification.

AnyRegion Changer that can change Wii to Korean Wii.

But please note that this can CAUSE your Wii FULL BRICK, if you set Game region set as Korea with other region System MENU than KOREA. NO modchip can boot your Wii if this happen.

So pls use this AT YOUR OWN RISK!

AnyRegion Changer 1.1.2 (3.3K support modification by QLeap) (IOS 4xs and SysMenu 3.3K included) (note: share link no longer available for the policy)

extract files and put app and wad directory and sub files to sd card.
Then launch AnyRegion Changer 1.1.2 mod version with your HBC or else.
There should be following files in your sd card for Korean SystemMenu 3.3:

[sd root]:\apps\AnyRegion_Changer1.1.2\boot.dol
[sd root]:\wad\cIOS40-64-v2321.wad
[sd root]:\wad\cIOS41-64-v2320.wad
[sd root]:\wad\cIOS43-64-v2320.wad
[sd root]:\wad\cIOS45-64-v2320.wad
[sd root]:\wad\RVL-WiiSystemmenu-v326.wad

All IOS are SHA1 hash check fixed and Korean common key enabled. and SystemMenu v326 is extracted from Korean Wii.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If the wad files are included in you link, i would remove it. IOS and cIOS files aren't allowed in this forum as they contain copyrighted material. Aren't you able to download these files from nintendo's servers?

Edit: It seems that they aren't downloadable the way IOS33,IOS36,IOS37 or IOS55 are. How do you get these files with a korean wii if you need them, are they on korean wii discs? A legal way to get the korean system menu will be difficult.

QLeap

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
If the wad files are included in you link, i would remove it. IOS and cIOS files aren't allowed in this forum as they contain copyrighted material. Aren't you able to download these files from nintendo's servers?

Edit: It seems that they aren't downloadable the way IOS33,IOS36,IOS37 or IOS55 are. How do you get these files with a korean wii if you need them, are they on korean wii discs? A legal way to get the korean system menu will be difficult.

I see. that's bad.

Because IOS4xs and Sysmenu v326 is not available on NUS server.

Okay I'll remove the link then.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The IOS4x files should be on korean discs. If that's the case, it shouldn't be to difficult to release a patch for them, which produces the files you need for your korean region changer. Hmm, is any system menu downloadable from the servers? Would it be possible to patch this to the one you want?

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just followed your instructions. But I just used "language settings" to KOREA and anything else on USA but

I only see the booting screens and after i press A, it doesn't boot up anymore. so i guess this is like a full brick then?

So how can i fix this? my wii is not modded, so any way to get into the anyregion changer 1.1.2 and then change the setting back to English?

any recovery mode? i guess i just need to go into the anyregionchanger setting menu and then change it to English since other stuff work just fine.

i already installed IOS 40,41,43,45 (those 4 40 files) with the WAD manager inside my wii (i couldn't install the systemmenuv326, gave me an error)

i'm not saying it's your fault but since you didn't mention it i thought that would be ok because i didn't set up "game region" to KOREA.

well any help will be appreciated thanks

njtumaq

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
your case must be " banner brick "
maybe autoboot TP disc will help u , but to use this autoboot disc , u must have mod-chip on your wii first , good luck !

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LEOMODE said:
I just followed your instructions. But I just used "language settings" to KOREA and anything else on USA but

I only see the booting screens and after i press A, it doesn't boot up anymore. so i guess this is like a full brick then?

So how can i fix this? my wii is not modded, so any way to get into the anyregion changer 1.1.2 and then change the setting back to English?

any recovery mode? i guess i just need to go into the anyregionchanger setting menu and then change it to English since other stuff work just fine.

i already installed IOS 40,41,43,45 (those 4 40 files) with the WAD manager inside my wii (i couldn't install the systemmenuv326, gave me an error)

i'm not saying it's your fault but since you didn't mention it i thought that would be ok because i didn't set up "game region" to KOREA.

well any help will be appreciated thanks

I guess you don't have Starfall with the correct options installed, right? Do you know about SaveMii?

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i couldn't install starfall either, it just gave me an error when i tried to install it using wad manager before.

and yea i heard about savemii but i dont have it atm and mine is not modded...

so basically if the only way to fix it is to make my wii modded, it'll cost me some money (modchip+savemii)...so in that case i guess i just have to buy a new wii --;

i heard wii backup disc or something helps, would it work? i have twilight cd and twilight hack installed...i heard those 2 were the requirement or something...but since i dont know well, i need you guys' help

tona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
WiiPower said:
The IOS4x files should be on korean discs. If that's the case, it shouldn't be to difficult to release a patch for them, which produces the files you need for your korean region changer. Hmm, is any system menu downloadable from the servers? Would it be possible to patch this to the one you want?
3.3 was on launch Korean Wiis. It's unlikely that it's hosted on a server anywhere. And I doubt many people will want 3.4.

Still, it's possible to make a 3.3K WAD from a filesystem dump... But not ideal, and not doable for legal distribution. It's unfortunate. I've been pondering this problem myself. (And of course getting bored/distracted)

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LEOMODE said:
i couldn't install starfall either, it just gave me an error when i tried to install it using wad manager before.

and yea i heard about savemii but i dont have it atm and mine is not modded...

so basically if the only way to fix it is to make my wii modded, it'll cost me some money (modchip+savemii)...so in that case i guess i just have to buy a new wii --;

i heard wii backup disc or something helps, would it work? i have twilight cd and twilight hack installed...i heard those 2 were the requirement or something...but since i dont know well, i need you guys' help
No. Put in a Wii disc with an update on it, open up a Gamecube controller (Need a Triwing, unless you have a third party controller), and press and hold down all four directional pad buttons, while booting the system. It'll give you the same effect as SaveMii.

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
do i HAVE to open up the GC controller to press all buttons? shoot i dont have the triwing driver;

and i just have 2 discs (resident evil and zelda) but only zelda has update and its an old update. mine is 3.2.. do i need like smash or something? i have jp game with 3.3 update but obviously it wouldnt work right? cuz right now my firmware is 3.2U

and

all i need is a way to get into the anyregion changer in my wii so i can just change the language setting back to english cuz other stuff is all on USA right now atm

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well anyone?

i was searching online and i guess my only solution is to get

1. modchip, gc controller, and autoboot disc with an update
2. savemii, genuine game disc with an update (if no modchip installed)

right?

well i already msged qleap but you should edit your description to "if your firmware is U,J, or E, and if you change anything into KOREA or KOREAN without your wii being 3.3K, IT WILL BRICK YOUR WII"

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LEOMODE said:
well anyone?

i was searching online and i guess my only solution is to get

1. modchip, gc controller, and autoboot disc with an update
2. savemii, genuine game disc with an update (if no modchip installed)

right?

well i already msged qleap but you should edit your description to "if your firmware is U,J, or E, and if you change anything into KOREA or KOREAN without your wii being 3.3K, IT WILL BRICK YOUR WII"

I think savemii == all 4 directional buttons on the gc controller, if i were you i would buy a 5 Euro/$ controller, open it and borrow a game with a newer firmware. Testing this can't make things go worse. I would recommend a 3.4 game, this should increase the chance to unbrick your wii.

Your comment about 3.3K makes sense, ALL other firmware versions don't even know korean language exists and i wouldn't be surprised if all other firmwares contain all known languages.

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just got the GC controller working and get my wii go into the recovery menu (it displays 3.2U)

i just have genuine copies of Zelda TP and Resident Evil 4 atm

doesn't zelda TP have update in the disc? even though it's a lower firmware?

but it just gives me a black screen for like 5minutes still and nothing happens

can anyone verify if zelda CD works?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LEOMODE said:
i just got the GC working and get my wii go into the recovery menu (it displays 3.2U)

i just have genuine copies of Zelda TP and Resident Evil 4 atm

doesn't zelda TP have update in the disc? even though it's a lower firmware?

but it just gives me a black screen for like 5minutes still and nothing happens

can anyone verify if zelda CD works?

I think it only works, if the game would prompt you for an update if you would run it from the disc channel. Borrow a 3.4 game and try with this.

LEOMODE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiipower so you basically saying i need to have higher version than my current firmware? hmm well i heard that once you get into the recovery mode and have a game disc with an update included, recovery mode will just try to update whatever the game disc has, regarding the version.

anyone has zelda tp genuine disc and WUFE it? see if it has update.inf file in it??

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
LEOMODE said:
wiipower so you basically saying i need to have higher version than my current firmware? hmm well i heard that once you get into the recovery mode and have a game disc with an update included, recovery mode will just try to update whatever the game disc has, regarding the version.

anyone has zelda tp genuine disc and WUFE it? see if it has update.inf file in it??

I think zelda has only IOS9 in it and doesn't contain the system menu. Most newer games should have this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy