Gaming Anyone willing to share Castlevania Harmony of Despair?

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just found out if you recover gamertags you can re download each others games-I was wondering if anyone would like to share their tag with me so I can acquire Castlevania:Harmony of Despair!

you can acquire my gamertag your interested in

Virtual on
Perfect Dark

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean get someone else's account on your Xbox, download the game, and then play it on your own? Yeah, that won't work.

For starters when you recover your account you need the e-mail and password you choose to register it. Secondly, even if you do get the account on your Xbox and redownload all the games, you can't just go to your account and play them. They need to be owned by your account.

My friend tried it with Dead Rising: Case Zero and it didn't work.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
You mean get someone else's account on your Xbox, download the game, and then play it on your own? Yeah, that won't work.

For starters when you recover your account you need the e-mail and password you choose to register it. Secondly, even if you do get the account on your Xbox and redownload all the games, you can't just go to your account and play them. They need to be owned by your account.

Weird, works like that on mine. I recovered a friend of mines from school Gamertag, and redownloaded all his Halo 3 DLC to my HDD. The I logged into my account, and played with his DLC. I haven't tried games, though I bet if you redownload one to your HDD, you could play it offline, while your friend recovers his account.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you recover a gamertag and redownload the games, the only way to play them is to be signed in to that gamertag. You can't just delete the gamertag and play them on your account. You'll only get the demo version if you do that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoxasIsSora said:
Guild McCommunist said:

Weird, works like that on mine. I recovered a friend of mines from school Gamertag, and redownloaded all his Halo 3 DLC to my HDD. The I logged into my account, and played with his DLC. I haven't tried games, though I bet if you redownload one to your HDD, you could play it offline, while your friend recovers his account.

I think it depends on the game and content. I think some of my friends did that with Call of Duty map packs. Yet if you try it with Mass Effect 2 DLC it won't work. May also depend on what dashboard version you were running.

Best way to get DLC though is getting the download discs from a friend. If you get Game of the Year editions (like Fallout 3 especially) you can just lend the disc out and it works fine. Or if you buy the DLC on discs (again, like they do for some Fallout 3 stuff), that works too.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jumpman17 said:
If you recover a gamertag and redownload the games, the only way to play them is to be signed in to that gamertag. You can't just delete the gamertag and play them on your account. You'll only get the demo version if you do that.

So if you were to recover a GT, and redownload a game to your HDD, would you be able to play it on that account offline, while the owner of the GT recovers his GT on XBL? I don't see anything against it, that would make it not work.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RoxasIsSora said:
jumpman17 said:

So if you were to recover a GT, and redownload a game to your HDD, would you be able to play it on that account offline, while the owner of the GT recovers his GT on XBL? I don't see anything against it, that would make it not work.

Actually, now that I think about it, it's on a different console which wouldn't have the licenses for those games, so you'd have to not only recover your gamertag, but also transfer the licenses (which can only be done once a year). In the end, it doesn't work like sharing games on the PS3 does.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've done it. You don't even need your friends account. Google "XBLA games no jtag" and you'll see what I mean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER