Hardware Anyone used the r4i save dongle on new releases?

sakura_candy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I read around here that the dongle worked with older games, but corrupted paper mario games because of new chips in that and the newer games can't have save game sharing across cartridges too. Has anyone tried it with the newer ones? Specifically, Fire Emblem: Awakening (US version). I mostly only care about personal backup/restoring...

And, anyone used it on newer Japanese releases?

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would not help if it would work. Nintendo changed the encryption of the save games on newer releases, and the new encryption has not been broken yet.
And as far as I know the adapter does not work on newer games, regardless of which region they are from.

sakura_candy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Erm, I don't really understand what you meant by "it would not help". I just want to know if it works, and the specific game I care about is Fire Emblem Awakening NA version. I don't care about save hack, modifications, save sharing, hacking (for now). Right now I just want to make restorable backups of my games.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Erm, I don't really understand what you meant by "it would not help". I just want to know if it works, and the specific game I care about is Fire Emblem Awakening NA version. I don't care about save hack, modifications, save sharing, hacking (for now). Right now I just want to make restorable backups of my games.
no, it doesn't

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing you could do to know for sure is try it. If you've done a lot of work in the game so far then it's a bit of a risk. I'd actually be interested in the outcome so, if you do try it, let me know.

sakura_candy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
no, it doesn't
:( Oh, is it a "you can't restore the save" doesn't, or a "backing up will destroy the save on the cartridge" doesn't, or a "the tool doesn't recognize the game" doesn't?

Because if it's the last one, I've seen some people saying using a different tool will help... I really want to have a way to back it up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-