MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
there is a homebrew version available since the DS days but for the way you're speaking I assume it is not good enough, so what are the problems with that version?
It runs from slot 2, and there's something wrong with DIDL or something. I don't know the real issue with that.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I guess the real issue is, why doesn't the DS Doom port support the other .wad files? :unsure:
I don't know if there was any universal wad player outside zDoom and it's forks. I remember for final doom to have to call on a txt file the doom2 wad then Plutonia/tbt wad, or something similar to that, I can't remember. (I don't even remember what device it was, I believe it was on Vita, not sure).

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if there was any universal wad player outside zDoom and it's forks. I remember for final doom to have to call on a txt file the doom2 wad then Plutonia/tbt wad, or something similar to that, I can't remember. (I don't even remember what device it was, I believe it was on Vita, not sure).
I just know that most doom ports usually support all the doom, heteric, and Hexen wads.

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess the real issue is, why doesn't the DS Doom port support the other .wad files? :unsure:
Does it even support anything other than the Shareware version? I've downloaded so many damn .wads for Doom1, but can only ever get the Shareware version to run.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Does it even support anything other than the Shareware version? I've downloaded so many damn .wads for Doom1, but can only ever get the Shareware version to run.
I don't know. Reminds me of the old Half-Life 2 and Portal days, where they ran the same engine and you could play Half-Life 2's maps in Portal. It was essentially Half-Life 2 with the portal gun, lol.

Last edited by Jayro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44