Gaming Anyone know of an upcoming Golden Sun?

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if ANYONE (including homebrewers) are making any plans on a third part (what would the word i want to use be?) to Golden Sun? Why? 'Cause I think everything is readily available.

'cause I know that there's GBA emulators so you can ez get a screen shot of all the sprites doing everything and make tiny little .bmps of all your sprites doing all their animations, and there are things like VirtualGameMaker DS which lets you make RPGS so i was wondering if anyone knew about any works in progress?

'Cause Im sitting in front of my computer thinking "hey, Golden Sun 3 would ROCK!" thought up a whole storyline and everything. I just have little to no -useful- CPP skills when it comes to making NDS stuff, me and my friend are pretty good at Photoshop so we could probably get the important sprites done in like a week, and since I have ANOTHER friend who's just a fountain of creativity and artisticness he could make all new maps and enemies and stuff. So I thought "only if no one's doing it I should try to make another golden sun!"

But i tried running VGMDS and it starts asking for loading projects but i have none so WTF do i do to play around in VGMDS? Yes, i also know that my writing is a bit hard to follow, I'm thinking of 4 things ATM. And you people don't get to know it all.
nyanya.gif
Lost my entire train of thought. Post about what I remembered to type.
dry.gif
Stupid dumbness. My fingers are lagging.

TheSpade

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
According to a press release, Camelot has been working on an unnamed PC game (probably only for Japan), but they are on board for Wii for a Mario sports title and an "unnamed" RPG. As for DS getting Golden Sun love, that's still undetermined. I'm with you though. I'd like to see a new Golden Sun.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
According to a press release, Camelot has been working on an unnamed PC game (probably only for Japan), but they are on board for Wii for a Mario sports title and an "unnamed" RPG. As for DS getting Golden Sun love, that's still undetermined. I'm with you though. I'd like to see a new Golden Sun.

The game they are working on for PC is a golf game. I think it may be released already now but I'm not entirely sure. A new Golden Sun game for DS would be absolute heaven! I still wouldn't say no to a Wii version but I'd rather it appear on DS. Maybe we'll see something about it next year. Fingers crossed.

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What really makes no sense, is that the Japanese carts combined sold over 5 million and the US sold somewhere around 2.8 million (wikipedia). That by any standard is success. One would have thought that that would have made for a third sequel (Nintendo please tell me you are ready this
rolleyes.gif
) I still consider it the best RPG on a hald held ever, topping Minish cap IMO.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
you think you could get the important sprites done in a week?
theres no way you could do that, unless you mean just ripping all the important sprites in a week, which also would be impossible

goodluck

speaking of GS3, whatever happened with:
gsiii1zy.png

?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
you think you could get the important sprites done in a week?
theres no way you could do that, unless you mean just ripping all the important sprites in a week, which also would be impossible

goodluck

speaking of GS3, whatever happened with:
gsiii1zy.png

?

LOL not starting that again are we
tongue.gif

(digs through harddrive........Ahaaa!)

gs-dawn.jpg

what about this?
ph34r.gif
Golden Sun: Dawn of a New Sun FTW!

imgod22222

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just googled dawn of a new sun and got nothing related.
frown.gif

Well, um. Yeah. I think i could get all teh important sprites ripped (Felix, Sheba, Jenna, Piers, Isaac, Garet, Ivan, Mia) From using VirtualBoy Advance, take a screenshot of all their positions, and then cut them out and paste with a little photoshop magic. Just MAKING from scratch everything else would take forever and a half.
I have very little programming experience, and NO NDS experience. So was hoping after me and my friend get the storyline and graphics parts down either we would hopefully find someone to stick it all together (very unlikely) or i'll slowly learn everything and write up all the code.

If someone could make a .swf to .nds program they would be praised as a god my me.
tongue.gif
(I have alot more Flash exp then C++)

But I also wanted to know if such a thing was possible with VGMDS.

BaHaMut_ZeR0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't the DS an ARM processor? Are there even ARM compilers for C++?

That aside, flash->C++ is an impossibility (not impossible, just incredibly difficult to code) due to the use of primitives to draw in flash, compared to C++, which can only "draw" to a console using primitives.

And finally, in terms of coding for the DS...has enough been documented about its opcodes that we can utilize the system effectively? Frankly, coding a game that even matches in quality of a commercial GBA seems rare if nonexistent in the homebrew scene.
Of course, commercial programmers get SDKs.

Rant aside, what I'm trying to say is that it's a pretty ambitious project. You're welcome to try, and if you succeed, I'll congratulate you. If not, I promise I won't say "I told you so"

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope this game wont fall back into the : 'send your game progress from your old game' system , I thought Golden Sun 2 was a big let down and I didn't beat the game, Golden sun 1 was a great game and I really played a lot of it with some classmates of mine.

GouK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would love to see a GS3. First one was amazing... but I do admit being totally disappointed having HALF a game at the end of the first one. The 2nd one didn't give me the 'closure' I was looking for but still both great games none the less.

Timo710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would love to see a GS3. First one was amazing... but I do admit being totally disappointed having HALF a game at the end of the first one. The 2nd one didn't give me the 'closure' I was looking for but still both great games none the less.

I can only agree with you , after beating the first part finding out that beating menardi and saturo was the end while those elemental stone things where still to be retrieved , the second part was a big let down.Just the fact that you had to play as felix and his crew
blink.gif
the only cool character in the crew was sheba.

Lets hope this game gets a fresh start and not relate to much on the second part and offcourse lets hope this game will finish the story in 1 game , cause the fact that golden sun had 2 parts , which meant 2 saves , which meant that you can still play the game without ever playing the first part was the mistake , cause they couldn't sell the game requiering the savecode from part 1 to get the game playing , so they had to think of something else , being : playing the game with other characters , which was the big mistake.

Sad to see such great game get so unentertaining in the second part.

imgod22222

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sheba SUCKED! Obviously all the talent lied with Jenna in that party, and Mia with the other. They healed Felix and Isaac in the horrible battle of the supposedly best summon in the game
tongue.gif
while they hammered with so many djinni on standby they had like 250 hp and were constantly near death until that got boring, let them all heal, had like 860 hp and 0wnd~!

So let me beat GS2 again, get EXACTLY where it leaves off, pick it up and run with it. Never did write down my storyline... I can't believe i didnt.

And i want to say "Thank you Opium." If it's ok i'd like to use the GS: A new dawn menu because it looks authentic.
smile.gif
Im going to make a bunch of small little flash applets, simple things like the menu, the RPG engine, etc by taking things that exist and working them together a bit until they make a final product that i'm satisfied with

plus

Its like starting early on my final exam for that class
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Wholesome, welcome