Anyone have one or know a place that sells them?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by CheatingSoi, Oct 8, 2015.

1. CheatingSoi
    OP

CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    I went through numerous flashcarts, back in the day for the original DS before ending up with the wonderful CycloDS Evolution. Loved the cart. Loved the team. I have been out of the scene for a very long time. Haven't bothered with anything for 3DS. I've decided I would like to purchase a DS lite again because there are a bunch of games I would like to replay. And I want to have the same setup I had back in the day. One of the main things being a CycloDS. I'm sure there are better cards at this point but I really loved that thing and would love to get a hold of one again. Does anyone know if there are places you can still buy it? Or anyone have one that they don't want anymore?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I have one, but for the price you could buy a brand new DSTWO.
    They are getting pretty rare and I'm pretty attached to the thing. It's still my all-time favorite DS flashcart although the DSTWO is obviously better nowadays.

I also have the iEvo which to this day is the only way to play DSi-enhanced games. Not that it matters at all, those turned out to not provide much of an improvement at all and most compatible ROMs don't even contain the DSi-enhanced part so they won't support DSi-enhanced features even though the original cart did so.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Oct 8, 2015
  3. CheatingSoi
    OP

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    is the iEvo any less rare? And does it function different, OS-wise than the original? I hate myself for getting rid of mine. I also actually had a DSTWO at one point. I don't know where any of my flashcarts went.

4. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    The CycloDS team is scum. They made a "sequel", called CycloDS iEvolution which, unlike other flashcards, could use the DSi's additional power and promised DSiWare support and such. It worked all right... until version 1.4.2 (1.1.0-1 for the 3DS) where they just disappeared. Their card wasn't cheap and they screwed many customers over.

I looked up for some but I can't find any D:

5. CheatingSoi
    OP

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    I don't know. I just remember them in their prime. They were a pretty good team and updated pretty frequently. But I guess if it really is too hard and expensive to find one, I can settle for something newer and better... lol

6. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
  7. Altharic

Altharic Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2016
    Any other places stocking it that ones on holiday?

8. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The