Hacking Anyone have any news whatsoever about Gateway 3DS multi-ROM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm tired of people trying to figure out the layout the micro SD is going to have gateway has already stated on their website that its going to be fat 32 drag and drop ..doesn't matter that I'm saying this..10-20 post from now someone's gonna question what their plan is again..people should really read up

Reactions: Nightwish

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I dont read of a brick code anywhere on their side. :)
Just to believe what they say on the website seems a bit naive to me.

Plans are good, but what they do is another story.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its the most efficient way of doing so and probably the easiest so one would assume this plan is a no brainer not to mention their competition (tho also somewhat a clone) is already running a fat 32 drag and drop system which is the easiest for the end user not going with this plan is a bad idea also the multirom in one ROM file one user mentioned is impossible at this point in the 3ds as that would require running unsigned code and booting it from the 3ds cart tho people have ran unsigned code in the past it wasn't the same as trying to run it directly from the cart

dagro

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont read of a brick code anywhere on their side. :)
Just to believe what they say on the website seems a bit naive to me.

Plans are good, but what they do is another story.
You have many unanswered question might wanna drop them all in one post. FAT32 system is mentioned on their site, your special program in previous post writes raw data onto microsd it doesn't magically make up something. About the brick code pretty sure they will have something like that because they wish to fight off competitors (although I wish they test better so genuine don't get screwed). Just to believe their site is your only option much better then making baseless assumption.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You have many unanswered question might wanna drop them all in one post. FAT32 system is mentioned on their site, your special program in previous post writes raw data onto microsd it doesn't magically make up something. About the brick code pretty sure they will have something like that because they wish to fight off competitors (although I wish they test better so genuine don't get screwed). Just to believe their site is your only option much better then making baseless assumption.
Thanks for answering. : )

As long as the brick code doesnt affect gateway users, I dont care much about it. I understand that one tries to protect their hard work.

And I get what you're trying to say. I only mean that we shouldn't believe really all the things they are writing. They are a company after all, are they not? No one likes to lose customers.

Gabbo04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Don't take it seriously but from maxcon...

skipclick;1677567 said:
Same repeated questions! lol why don't gateway add a countdown timer to the launch firmware date?! They could extend the timer with extra time if need to re-set. This way wont get so many questions about the date!.

garyopa;1677570 said:
Here you go:
garyopa;1677570 said:
KpOtd.gif

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12 confirmed bricks. Hundreds and hundreds of Gateway 3DS owners.

All of you freaking out over the hype surrounding the very, very few bricks that have occurred are doing nothing but adding to the mass hysteria.

The worst thing is, most of you complaining and whining, don't even own a Gateway card in the first place.

What utter morons.

mznova

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All of you freaking out over the hype surrounding the very, very few bricks that have occurred are doing nothing but adding to the mass hysteria.

The worst thing is, most of you complaining and whining, don't even own a Gateway card in the first place.

What utter morons.

A lot of people on the internet have nothing better to do than to find places where they can complain. There are some people who look around for threads where people say their gateway/clone/mt-card is not working and immediately tell them to buy their games instead of helping fix the problem. :wacko:

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using 2.0b2, and nothing else, the entire time I have owned my Gateway card. No issues, no problems, no hysterics, no drama.

Reactions: tHciNc

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What utter morons.

There is no way to know how many bricks there are, the fact that there is even one caused by an intentional code is unacceptable.

Also there aren't many bricks because 99% of the people went back to 2.0b1 if everyone was on 2.0b2 there would be A LOT more bricks

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hence the original need for the code? If they have their software stolen they stand to lose pretty much all their business and will cease coding and updates - which is no good for anyone

Yes it really sucks when you put all of your work into making software and then someone comes and makes a card and profits from your hard work... Which is no good for anyone.. Oh wait that's what gateway does to all 3ds developers.

If gateway feels like they need a brick code, then have the code brick the fake GATEWAY not the $200 console. That way the actual people who copied the gateway are screwed over (refunds, returns etc) and not the customer. I would say the average customer does not even know that a brick is possible and that they got a brick because of the card they bought. However if they bricked the card then they would know they were buying crappy hardware.

As it is now, unless the customer reads these sites, they will keep buying from the competitors because they don't know that is what is causing the bricks. The competitors will still be making money and it is only the uneducated consumers who are mainly hurt by this.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it really sucks when you put all of your work into making software and then someone comes and makes a card and profits from your hard work... Which is no good for anyone.. Oh wait that's what gateway does to all 3ds developers.

If gateway feels like they need a brick code, then have the code brick the GATEWAY not the $200 console. That way the actual people who copied the gateway are screwed over (refunds, returns etc) and not the customer.

Yeah yeah we've been through this, GW dropped the ball with their initial method of clone deterrence. I agree that they DO need certain ways to protect their code, and yes blocking carts themselves would have been better, additional checks should have been in place.
As for piracy, honestly... Please don't cry about piracy. If GW didn't protect their warez they'd quickly go out of business, and the scene would collapse as there would be no further developments for a long time.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no way to know how many bricks there are, the fact that there is even one caused by an intentional code is unacceptable.

Also there aren't many bricks because 99% of the people went back to 2.0b1 if everyone was on 2.0b2 there would be A LOT more bricks

Read what I said. I said "CONFIRMED bricks". Also, a poll was recently done, specifically asking people who were on 2.0b2, and NOTHING ELSE, if they had bricked. Only 10 or 11 people actually bricked. Read before you post.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
And these are people that either are a part of the community or have come looking for the community after experiencing bricks. Still doesn't account for the people that just buy the kit, download the software then never think to seek others who are using the same stuff... Which easily accounts for the majority of users I'd think.

Reactions: CraddaPoosta
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...