Hacking Any way to transfer from a New 3DS to a standard 3DS without loosing all data?

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You cannot perform a system transfer from a New 3DS to a standard 3DS which is mega-lame. I have called Nintendo and they are able to unlink my NNID from my New 3DS, but not perform any sort of transfer, meaning that I will loose all my saved data and the microSD card will have to be formatted... meaning that I'd effectively have to start from scratch.
Is there any way I can back everything up via a flashcart/homebrew utility? I suppose the other issue is that they're both running the latest firmware, although I don't mind waiting until that's been cracked if it's my only option.
Cheers!

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@crimsonnight

All you can do is back up your saves (requires homebrew launcher on both consoles) then download your games from the eshop again.

There's no way for me to do that at the moment though is there as I'm on the latest firmware? Also the microSD card will have to be formatted when my NNID is removed, but I'm guessing I can store the backed-up data on the PC in the meantime?

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way for me to do that at the moment though is there as I'm on the latest firmware? Also the microSD card will have to be formatted when my NNID is removed, but I'm guessing I can store the backed-up data on the PC in the meantime?
There are ways to launcher the homebrew launcher on latest firmware. Firm 11 (almost) blocks downgrading. You'll be able to save your saves but you'll need an exploit game that works on firm 11. I should elaborate a little more, cubic ninja is an old favourite but costly, there are loads of secondary exploits, to install these you need a power save or an already hacked console.

Last edited by ishygdaft,

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There are ways to launcher the homebrew launcher, latest firmware (almost) blocks downgrading. You'll be able to save your saves but you'll need an exploit game that works on firm 11.

Thanks - I have the original Sky3DS and ninhax works last time I checked. Could you please link me to the program I need to backup all my saves?

ishygdaft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah it's fine, there is a .3dsx build on that page too, I double checked. Just drop that on your systems SD card in the 3ds folder, like any other homebrew.

Phil5004

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Got a question too..
I've got an o3DS (unhacked) and an n3DS (with Emunand etc.)
I want my old NNID to my n3DS ... Can I format my o3DS and put the NNID on my n3DS?

ishygdaft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a question too..
I've got an o3DS (unhacked) and an n3DS (with Emunand etc.)
I want my old NNID to my n3DS ... Can I format my o3DS and put the NNID on my n3DS?

I think you can, as long as it isn't linked to a console at the time you should be all good. If you have any problems make sure to bother big N. They like to help.
Sorry about the off topic OP.

crimsonnight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hope it helps man, cheers.

So I finally managed to get a screwdriver small enough to get to the microSD card in my N3DS (lost my old one) but it doesn't seem to be working. When I select it through the homebrew launcher (via browserhax) the bottom screen just flashes different colours and stays on yellow. Also, it asks me to select a game before launching which confuses me as I'm trying to transfer my system data. >_<

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: