Any way to transfer files from iphone to NDS?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by mini-frizz, Jan 20, 2009.

Jan 20, 2009
  1. mini-frizz
    OP

Newcomer mini-frizz Member

Australia
    Hello, I'm just wondering if there's anyway that I can Directly copy ROMS downloaded on my jailbroken iphone, to my Nintendo DS (with an R4DS) wirelessly?

2. a2h

Member a2h GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Does it support 802.11b Wi-Fi?

3. mini-frizz
    OP

Newcomer mini-frizz Member

Australia
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the iphone supports both b and g 802.11 Wi-fi. So the connection is possible, I'm just wanting to know how it could be accomplished. I know there is an FTP app for the NDS, maybe that could work for the NDS side of things, but does anyone know of some iphone apps (most likely jailbroken ones) to make the connection?

4. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

There's FTP software out there for Iphone GOOGLE for it! ....but like ds to ds it will be PAINFULLY SLOW to transfer a game that's 65mb+ some games are 100mb+

5. twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer twIstErOId_AmbAs Advanced Member

China
    As far as I know a DS doesn't support ad-hoc wlan networks. Therefore, even if you have the appropriate ftp software, you would need to find a "infrastructure" wifi network (a.k.a. a wifi network based on access points) to make it work.

6. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    Connect iPhone to PC. Pull files off of iPhone to desktop (or other location). Connect DS flash card to PC (how ever you do that), and put files on DS flash card. Reinsert flash card into DS.

DONE!

7. Isaiah

Member Isaiah The Conductor

Australia
    not that easy [​IMG] the ipod touch/iphone does not support uhh hwat was it called again... anyway you can only access the ipod memory through itunes... do nds files show up in itunes?

8. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    There is a DS-to-DS library called Liblobby, but it was rather hacky code, and it no longer compiles correctly with the latest DevKitARM version. However, some demos were made, and the TetattDS game includes it. Probably would not work with a DS to anything-other-than-another-DS connection though.

9. Pazuzu

Newcomer Pazuzu Advanced Member

Ireland
    If the OT's phone is jailbroken as they said, it's simple to ssh into it over wireless and pull the files off it.

Nasty speeds, though.