Hacking Any way to remove the "click" ?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When I go to Japan to do my hobby of peeking at girls changing I'll be sure to bring along all my recording/photographing equipment from home. Fufufufufu!!!

On topic, the noise isn't that annoying and I see no issues with it, unless you really are a pervert that wants to take pics with the 3DS. o.O
And meh, the 3DS has a crappy cam to begin with and it's only useful for things like in game stuff, other than that any camera on a console device is pointless to begin with.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i'm sorry to tell the japanese, but if a perv has access to naked children a "click" is not gonna make a difference. plus even if you hear the click, japanese people take pics of everything all the time non stop, you'll never no where the click came from or what it was shooting.

Reactions: 1 person

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are making it seem like it's impossible to have this disabled in other regions apart from Japan. Hell, even Apple does it for their line of devices.
Except, y'know, you can't with the 3DS.
Of course. It's the argument that it's simply because it's against the law in Japan that it is set standard for all 3DS consoles.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You guys are making it seem like it's impossible to have this disabled in other regions apart from Japan. Hell, even Apple does it for their line of devices.
Of course. It's the argument that it's simply because it's against the law in Japan that it is set standard for all 3DS consoles.
Not just Japan, various other countries in Europe also have the same law. It'd be easier to just leave the sound on for all then mute it for some and be forced to make some mute for some countries and some mute for others. Just because it inconveniences one person doesn't mean it should be changed for everyone. You can't please everyone and it's stupid to try.

Reactions: Deleted User

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not just Japan, various other countries in Europe also have the same law. It'd be easier to just leave the sound on for all then mute it for some and be forced to make some mute for some countries and some mute for others. Just because it inconveniences one person doesn't mean it should be changed for everyone. You can't please everyone and it's stupid to try.
Well, no, they could determine where you're from before updating and give out updates that are region specific similar to how Sony consoles do or used to. or they can use whatever magic Apple has and make it work all from one update for that device, but limit certain things before you can dive in and edit them.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The effort just isn't worth it. I'm pretty sure there is only an extremely small minority when it comes to "THE SOUND COMING FROM MY 3DS IS REALLY REALLY ANNOYING AND IT RUINS THE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE 3DS", it'd be pointless.
It requires a minimal amount of effort. Aside from it already being there and becoming a nuisance for them to add, I don't see why Nintendo didn't implement this in the device beforehand. Also, I don't think people would need to yell to express their discomfort with something.

Reactions: 2 people

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well how about that, I didn't notice it but I tried it on my blackberry and sure enough you can't disable the click when taking a picture.

It might be uncomfortable on a 3DS, but wouldn't a kind of workaround be to just cover the speakers somehow, like with a cotton ball and sticky tape? I've never played around with the camera on a 3DS so I don't know if it is even the speakers that click or not, but meh.

~.~

Super Lurker
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The effort just isn't worth it. I'm pretty sure there is only an extremely small minority when it comes to "THE SOUND COMING FROM MY 3DS IS REALLY REALLY ANNOYING AND IT RUINS THE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE 3DS", it'd be pointless.
It requires a minimal amount of effort. Aside from it already being there and becoming a nuisance for them to add, I don't see why Nintendo didn't implement this in the device beforehand. Also, I don't think people would need to yell to express their discomfort with something.
I'm not sure about coding for the 3ds is something 'easy' to implement but I'm sure many people find the clicking bothersome and it would be a great update sugestion for a firmware update to ntsc region 3ds' to be able to turn off the shutter sound in settings.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure about coding for the 3ds is something 'easy' to implement but I'm sure many people find the clicking bothersome and it would be a great update sugestion for a firmware update to ntsc region 3ds' to be able to turn off the shutter sound in settings.
Compared to the things added in minimal updates, creating an option to disable a sound along with other system sounds is easy.

~.~

Super Lurker
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That'd be just pointless. The shutter isn't even that loud, like holy hell how could this be a problem? I guess some people have to find a fault with everything...
well, what's the fault in wanting something quiet so nobody kicks the living hell out of you for nothing? besides, I'm not trying to change other countries policies, im just sugesting that an on/off feature for ntsc region 3ds' would be nice.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well how about that, I didn't notice it but I tried it on my blackberry and sure enough you can't disable the click when taking a picture.

It might be uncomfortable on a 3DS, but wouldn't a kind of workaround be to just cover the speakers somehow, like with a cotton ball and sticky tape? I've never played around with the camera on a 3DS so I don't know if it is even the speakers that click or not, but meh.
That wouldn't be very stealthy for taking secret sexy pix.

If you want to take pics in silence on the 3DS, just capture video footage and select frames from the playback. I think the picture quality is actually beeter (might wanna double check) But it doesn't get rid of the light, so bust that shit out

Reactions: 1 person

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That'd be just pointless. The shutter isn't even that loud, like holy hell how could this be a problem? I guess some people have to find a fault with everything...
I'm saying it's a problem, really. Hell, I've never taken a single photo with a DSi or 3DS. However, I am saying that it would be easy for Nintendo to add and would've been easy for Nintendo to add before it "became a problem" for some users.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.