Reactions: driverdis

sero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(gumbyx84 @ Mar 27 2011, 05:35 AM)
Are you really whining about this?. As mr deez said, its illegal for ANY digital camera not to have a shutter sound. I'm not a 100% sure this is true, but I have heard the same in the past. Who cares if it makes a 1-3 second sound. Its not even that loud.

Also, to my knowledge any electronic device with a camera (minus digital cameras) make a shutter sound when you take a photo. At least my current and past cell phones did.

It's a Japanese law, so it only affects products which are sold in Japan (and manufacturer's who don't bother to create a toggle for other regions).

Yes, but it's based on the fact that people use subtle devices for taking pictures when they shouldn't. Imagine someone "playing their 3ds" in a locker room. Then the next day your naked rear end shows up on the Internet for everyone to see. I doubt Nintendo wants that kind of bad publicity.

Reactions: Deleted User

renkinjutsushix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, so you're one of those people who think a camera's quality is all about the megapixels.
Okay.
So you're saying the 3DS camera is good? Lol.
The 3DS camera quality would have been considered to be pretty good quality in lets say 1998. :)
uhm are you seriously comparing a normal camera to the 3ds camera? because for now i havent seen any webcam/digicam that can produce a good quality "3D" pictures

also im also complaining about this because THE CLICKING SOUND drains battery... im using my 3ds camera to create time lapse videos and it always CLICK on each clip... even if the single click uses only a small amount of battery... please do understand that the time lapse takes thousands of photos wherein each photo produces ONE click...

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so you're one of those people who think a camera's quality is all about the megapixels.
Okay.
So you're saying the 3DS camera is good? Lol.
The 3DS camera quality would have been considered to be pretty good quality in lets say 1998. :)
uhm are you seriously comparing a normal camera to the 3ds camera? because for now i havent seen any webcam/digicam that can produce a good quality "3D" pictures

also im also complaining about this because THE CLICKING SOUND drains battery... im using my 3ds camera to create time lapse videos and it always CLICK on each clip... even if the single click uses only a small amount of battery... please do understand that the time lapse takes thousands of photos wherein each photo produces ONE click...

Dude, everything drains the battery; when you play a game, when the home menu is on, when you're browsing the web...it can go on for a really long time with details. Get over it.

You could purposely record a little more, then snip the extra bit with the click out on your PC. Or alternatively remove the speakers and if you need to play audio later use headphones.

ashxu

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
All the cameras my family owns, all the phones that I've owned that have cameras, all of them have the ability to switch off the shutter sound. So the 3DS having a compulsury shutter sound is new to me.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
4 years later with Luma, FBI and god knows what else, is there still no software solution for this?
I mean there should be a wave file in sysnand somwhere we just need to replace with a muted wave or something like that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?