Hacking Any way to remove 5.50 update notice

gbaperma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@gbaperma not true.

If you format the PS4, update nag is gone. Its not "hard coded" into the "chip".

But yes you will lose everything (unless you want to get rid of hackable console, update to latest and log back into psn to redownload everything: sony keeps record of what you have paid for tied to PSN account and lets you download again without paying again obviously)

If youre on 4.55 and wipe the console, it wont be long before you can obtain the same games you had on your console anyway.
You are the one who is wrong. Whatever your definition of "hard coded" is, the detected status is saved somewhere in the PS4's chipset: motherboard or some kind of dedicated chip might exist. Nothing else explains the inability to do things I mentioned above. I have been in other jailbreaking community for year, and I think you lack basic knowledge of jailbreaking PS4 and I want you to stop misleading people here. Developers and hackers actually call it "hard-coded inside."

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try. my dell pc was returned, but it's still not fixed. crap product by a crap company. once it's fixed, I'm refunded, or I receive a replacement, I'll update to 4.55. :)

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@gbaperma

Its possible this method used dns to blcok updates, but I dont think youre right. Formatting system wouldnt make system remember there was an update available.

I have good news and bad news. The good news is in I FINALLY figured out a way on 4.01-4.05 to remove the update. I had been trying for months. I hate the update nag. For me the way was installing/reinstalling the 4.05 through safemode and re initializing did finally delete the update and the update nag buuuut you will lose everything including profile so not sure if that is issue for you.

From there you can just host the exploit on your local computer and poof be like me no more update nag.

I had the update nag for months and it was mad annoying.....

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the ps4 uses an xml to redirect the system to a system update. the ps vita is the same way. you can alter the vita's xml to install a specific firmware, so you may be able to with the ps4.

gbaperma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try. my dell pc was returned, but it's still not fixed. crap product by a crap company. once it's fixed, I'm refunded, or I receive a replacement, I'll update to 4.55. :)
What ARE YOU TRYING TO DO exactly? I tried backing up and restore and it did not allow me to even if mine was fully jailbroken 4.55. So, I sold that console and had to find another one with firmware 4.55 or below. Don't ever trust anyone who says "try" in PS4 jailbreaking community. It means that they themselves have not tried and try to make YOU try to see if it works or not. Tell me what you are about to do and I can tell you if it will work or not since I have more experience than @KiiWii guy here.

Reactions: KiiWii

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to do anything. I'm just saying that the vita can be redirected to any firmware. with the 3.60 dns, this is no longer necessary. however, I did update to 3.60 by modifying the xml. I think the ps4 is the same way.

gbaperma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@gbaperma

Its possible this method used dns to blcok updates, but I dont think youre right. Formatting system wouldnt make system remember there was an update available.

@KiiWii

Can you please stop misleading people? Of course, wiping in safe mode will remove the update files, but even if you stay offline it will still ask to update..... <- This when no exploit is installed.
After wiping in safe mode or normal mode, you can't make an PSN account, you can't move save files, you can't play any digital games, and so on. Basically nothing will work with your PSN account UNLESS you connect to Internet and install the latest firmware, which you don't want. You CAN get all those back up there if you backed up properly on a jailbroken PS4 using proper jailbreaking applications. No in normal way, there is no way to do all those without updating and connection with Internet. That is why hackers think it's "hard-coded" inside. Full jailbreaking means using custom firmware, so the things you can't do above is no issue at all on jailbroken device.

The quote you mentioned above specifically says "exploit" and "spoof". So unless you are 4.55 or below and jailbreak it with exploit to install custom firmware, it will keep asking to update. You can trust me on this since I have tried it myself. Things like not receiving update notice is as easy as 1 2 3 on custom firmware.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, iirc, my system doesn't even say which update it is. I have the update servers blocked, so nothing is ever downloaded. up to at least 4.07 (what I'm on), the download/install function is broken. I've had the system download an update without my consent before, and I'm running a Japanese system. my friend, atreyu187 on psx place, who''s running an American system, told me that his system not only downloaded an update but installed it. I think he's still on a hackable firmware though.

gbaperma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to do anything. I'm just saying that the vita can be redirected to any firmware. with the 3.60 dns, this is no longer necessary. however, I did update to 3.60 by modifying the xml. I think the ps4 is the same way.
PS4 uses XML just like Vita? LoL! If it were that easy, 5.50 would already been jailbroken. Vita is a totally different system in security wise.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@gbaperma agreed on HEN its all possible, I'm sure I have read somewhere that wiping and restoring fixed the nag.

I did not notice that the OP was on 4.73.

That is my bad.

As for @godreborn 's scenario, I'm sure he is below 4.55 so if he has update nag that should be possible to remedy.

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: peteruk

gbaperma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. No more discussion regarding this. I'm wasting too much time explaining basics here. Do whatever you want with your system (it's all yours), but I warned ya.

My last advice is search in some reliable and good PS4 hacking site first before you do anything on your PS4. Vita is fully jailbroken. And Sony doesn't even care about Vita as you may all know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you do realize you can sniff the update servers with a proxy, don't you?
Ok. Just one more reply since you really piss me off. Yes of course I know. One of the easiest way is blocking all those Sony servers on your router (maybe you can set MAC of your PS4 that needs to stay on certain firmware and you have multiple PS4s that need online access for MP. Does it answer your question?

But the thing is if the system keeps telling you to update, it means that it's hard-coded on motherboard to know that there IS newer firmware as I said. But as long as you keep those IPs blocked, or stay offline whole time, the system has no way of realizing there is a new firmware so you don't get stuck.

Now, do whatever you want with your system. I'm done here.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about saves - you may need the original account. on the ps3 (at least), the account id is present for any account that's signed into psn. I found the same id in the id.dat on my vita, since I'm using the same account there. the same id is likely on my ps4. if you've never signed in to psn with an account/profile, the account id will be blank. you can see 15 characters of the 16 character account id in a ps3 save. the full account id (likely an added 0 at the beginning) is present in the id.dat (use a text editor to open). saves are much easier to manage with no account id. I do plan to restore my ps vita on 3.60 to remove the account, since you can only have on account, and I really don't want to use account switcher which I read still forces a format. the account id is everywhere in system (vita) in multiple partitions.

I'm not sure if psn content will work either without an act.dat which means signing in to psn to activate the system, so I may have to hold off on restoring my ps4 system until we can access psn again. I only have a few saves on my system, none of which are very far since I only play the wii u anymore, so restoring either the ps4 or the vita (have only one save here) should be relatively painless. my concern is the games.

oh, I think a ps3 save will show 16 characters for the account id if your first character (the one at the far left) isn't a 0. my guess is that the ps4 uses an idps (online id) and a psid (offline id). the idps is the id sent to sony; the psid is included in saves and such. the ps3 and the vita have both.

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lastly, can you backup the pkg files from the games you own? I mean if I were to make a pkg of trials, a psn game, could I wipe the hdd, then install the pkg I made from that game on to a new account and back up the pkg as well?

In your case, if you update to FW 4.55 you can delete the "update.pup" file via FTP and eliminate the update nag without requiring a wipe.

About your question, when you install FW 4.55 you can totally dump them, create fpkgs and install even after a wipe, but you will in every case lose the "original" gamesaves, at least for the foreseeable future, cause they are encrypted with the title passcode (well probably the passcode is used as seed).

I think I didn't got the last part tho, "and back up the pkg as well?"

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, what I meant was to have a backup of the pkg in case the hdd crashes or something. I'd like to put them on an hdd for storage purposes. thanks for the info!

MostlyUnharmful

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah OK.

I tried backing up and restore and it did not allow me to even if mine was fully jailbroken 4.55. So, I sold that console and had to find another one with firmware 4.55 or below.

Wat?

About the update nag, if you are offline (or block Sony servers) it will stop nagging, even without creating the "/update/PS4UPDATE.PUP" and "/update/PS4UPDATE.PUP.net.temp" files on jailbroken consoles (aka the method used by the "update blocker"). IIRC there's an XML file that you can modify to stop the nagging too.

sushyoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok.....
To summarize my understanding: Dont wipe HDD because I will lose game licences if I dont update it after reinstalling.

HE1NZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Do I need to backup if nothing important is installed on a system? I just bought used Pro, it's 5.0. There's nothing at all installed except two games from discs.

Also, to remove update do I need to just reinitialize the system?

Damn, I hope it's not some hardcoded crap. Otherwise might as well have bought 5.53 Pro.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: admonish