Any way to permanently fix the aspect ratio on homebrew launcher?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by jwitz, Jul 26, 2016.

1. jwitz
    OP

jwitz GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2014
    I put the homebrew on vwii a few years back and still have to click the aspect fixer every time. Has this been fixed?

2. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Not in the official homebrew channel, but a forwarder is available that does what you ask.
    You open the forwarder channel, and it fixes the screen for you, and then it launches HBC.
    Even better, the forwarder channel is available in many different colours. (I used green).

See the definitive guide to vWii hacking for some links to forwarder channels.

lordelan likes this.
  3. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Wasn't aware of the 16:9 forwarder (used the manual fix as well) and the availability of a green (my fav color) mod. Thanks. :)

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Also the title of this thread is misleading. You are talking about "Homebrew Channel" not "Homebrew Launcher". HBL is for Wii U and HBC is for vWii. There is no aspect issue with Homebrew Launcher.

5. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    You can thank the system update on the Wii U for breaking the aspect ratio, I use that forwarder too, looks a lot better IMO.

6. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I'm not the one who opened the thread. Just a guy who came around, found some useful information and wanted to say thanks. ;)