XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I think i left on region free on priiloader.
U may have lost priiloader when u installed a new system menu, unless u used yawm modmii edition and chose to retain it when prompted. But even then your system menu hacks get disabled and need to be renabled. Not sure what kind of hacks are available for version 1.0 though

U should try to answer all the questions you've been asked. Do u have bootmii boot2 installed? Priiloader? What was done in the first place to get u in this situation, etc

NyanCattttt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
U may have lost priiloader when u installed a new system menu, unless u used yawm modmii edition and chose to retain it when prompted. But even then your system menu hacks get disabled and need to be renabled. Not sure what kind of hacks are available for version 1.0 though

U should try to answer all the questions you've been asked. Do u have bootmii boot2 installed? Priiloader? What was done in the first place to get u in this situation, etc
I turned bootmii off cuz i am stupid (with bootmii config editor), priiloader was removed, and i used wii mod lite to install 1.0 while testing out wii versions.

SylverReZ

Scener Wearing a Bear Hoodie
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All good I was just teasing. But even if a disk has a 3.x update on it, it will be adequate for our purposes, doesn't need to be 4.3
Yes, however, later homebrew will often struggle with a lower firmware version, unless you were installing a modchip. 😅

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I turned bootmii off cuz i am stupid (with bootmii config editor), priiloader was removed, and i used wii mod lite to install 1.0 while testing out wii versions.
If bootmii is installed as boot2, just make sure u have a bootmii folder on sd during startup. If it contains a bootmii.ini file, rename or erase it first, as any configurations you made using bootmii config editor to boot to something other than bootmii will be saved here

In other words, u didn't disable bootmii with the config editor, it can still be accessed after you edit/remove the bootmii.ini config file (assuming u do in fact have bootmii boot2, still waiting for an answer on that one)

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

NyanCattttt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
If bootmii is installed as boot2, just make sure u have a bootmii folder on sd during startup. If it contains a bootmii.ini file, rename or erase it first, as any configurations you made using bootmii config editor to boot to something other than bootmii will be saved here

In other words, u didn't disable bootmii with the config editor, it can still be accessed after you edit/remove the bootmii.ini config file (assuming u do in fact have bootmii boot2, still waiting for an answer on that one)
Yes, bootMii is in boot2.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Updating to 3.x via an official update might be dangerous if OP has a stubbed IOS30 and IOS50.
That's a good point! But not now that we know he has bootmii boot2!

Yes, bootMii is in boot2.
Erase or rename the bootmii.ini file in your sd:/bootmii folder and see if the bootmii menu loads. If u don't have a bootmii folder on sd at all download it from Modmii's download page 2 or whatever else link works these days.

Once in bootmii launch bootmini.elf (hackmii installer) from its sd launcher. No need for an exploit as an entry point.

U could even restore an old nand backup, or create a new one using ohneschwanzenegger. Lots of solutions are open to u now that we know u have bootmii boot2

Reactions: MysticStarlight

NyanCattttt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
That's a good point! But not now that we know he has bootmii boot2!

Erase or rename the bootmii.ini file in your sd:/bootmii folder and see if the bootmii menu loads. If u don't have a bootmii folder on sd at all download it from Modmii's download page 2 or whatever else link works these days.

Once in bootmii launch bootmini.elf (hackmii installer) from its sd launcher. No need for an exploit as an entry point.

U could even restore an old nand backup, or create a new one using ohneschwanzenegger. Lots of solutions are open to u now that we know u have bootmii boot2
Deleted the .ini file, but bootmiiwont show up.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
U likely don't have bootmii installed as boot2 then, either that or you need to configure bootmii.ini's video mode. You can use modmii classic to configure your bootmii ini file with different video modes, just make sure you set it to launch bootmii and not something else

NyanCattttt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
U likely don't have bootmii installed as boot2 then, either that or you need to configure bootmii.ini's video mode. You can use modmii classic to configure your bootmii ini file with different video modes, just make sure you set it to launch bootmii and not something else
Uhh, my chromebook cant run exe files

Reactions: 4d1xlaan

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Manually create/edit your sd:/bootmii/bootmii.ini file in any text editor using the following template. Try various video mode options if u are getting a blackscreen

Code:
# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=NTSC
#
# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC, OFF
AUTOBOOT=OFF
#
# BOOTDELAY, possible settings:
# 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
BOOTDELAY=0

Deleted the .ini file, but bootmiiwont show up.
What happens when this file is deleted? Does it load the system menu or black screen? If the former u likely don't have bootmii boot2 installed and tweaking video mode settings won't make a difference. Make sure u have this bootmii folder saved to your sd when checking https://wii.hacks.guide/assets/files/bootmii_sd_files.zip

NyanCattttt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Manually create/edit your sd:/bootmii/bootmii.ini file in any text editor using the following template. Try various video mode options if u are getting a blackscreen

Code:
# Video mode, possible settings:
# NTSC, PAL50, PAL60, PROGRESSIVE
VIDEO=NTSC
#
# Autoboot, possible settings:
# SYSMENU, HBC, OFF
AUTOBOOT=OFF
#
# BOOTDELAY, possible settings:
# 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
BOOTDELAY=0

What happens when this file is deleted? Does it load the system menu or black screen? If the former u likely don't have bootmii boot2 installed and tweaking video mode settings won't make a difference. Make sure u have this bootmii folder saved to your sd when checking https://wii.hacks.guide/assets/files/bootmii_sd_files.zip
System menu. Also, i have bootmii working now.

NyanCattttt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Sure. U have bootmii boot2, so no matter what u do u can recover from anything (except uninstalling boot2 or screwing up the seeprom with Korean kii)

What is your end goal now? U want to upgrade from 1.0 or stay there?

U can install a newer system menu and its system menu ios to partially upgrade then perform an online update to update other ios's. Or u can use ohneschwanzenegger and bootmii to create/restore a virgin nand.bin for your specific wii with whatever system menu version u choose (I. E. 4.3).

Then just resoftmod using wii.hacks.guide as per usual

Edit: do u have a nand backup from before downgrading? If so u can just restore that so u don't need to mess with ohneschwanzenegger or whatever

NyanCattttt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Sure. U have bootmii boot2, so no matter what u do u can recover from anything (except uninstalling boot2 or screwing up the seeprom with Korean kii)

What is your end goal now? U want to upgrade from 1.0 or stay there?

U can install a newer system menu and its system menu ios to partially upgrade then perform an online update to update other ios's. Or u can use ohneschwanzenegger and bootmii to create/restore a virgin nand.bin for your specific wii with whatever system menu version u choose (I. E. 4.3).

Then just resoftmod using wii.hacks.guide as per usual

Edit: do u have a nand backup from before downgrading? If so u can just restore that so u don't need to mess with ohneschwanzenegger or whatever
I dont have a nand backup, also i've been trying to open wii mod lite for a while now but it gives me an error.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Try yawm modmii edition, or mmm, or IOS58 installer. If you're missing IOS58 and install a wad of the hbc it will likely fail since the wads are hardcoded to use IOS58 (unless u edit the wad before installing to use a dif ios). You can maybe run syscheck as well, not sure if it will load properly given your unknown configuration

U never answered my question. What is your goal?

Given you have bootmii boot2, the simplest solution might be to make a nand backup in bootmii, use it to create a new virgin 4.3 nand.bin with ohneschwanzenegger, then restore that

NyanCattttt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Try yawm modmii edition, or mmm, or IOS58 installer. If you're missing IOS58 and install a wad of the hbc it will likely fail since the wads are hardcoded to use IOS58 (unless u edit the wad before installing to use a dif ios). You can maybe run syscheck as well, not sure if it will load properly given your unknown configuration

U never answered my question. What is your goal?

Given you have bootmii boot2, the simplest solution might be to make a nand backup in bootmii, use it to create a new virgin 4.3 nand.bin with ohneschwanzenegger, then restore that
Im trying to get the old channels back, because i have another wii and i want one with 1.0. EDIT : I mean the beta wii shop, forecast, news, ect...

Last edited by NyanCattttt,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice