Hacking Any way to get my stock FW?

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
If you are currently on 9.2 or below AND you have previously made a backup of your system firmware then yes

If you are on >9.2 at the moment AND you have previously made a backup of your system firmware then you will need to hardmod the 3DS and flash it back directly to the nand chip

Otherwise unfortunately no.

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you are currently on 9.2 or below AND you have previously made a backup of your system firmware then yes

If you are on >9.2 at the moment AND you have previously made a backup of your system firmware then you will need to hardmod the 3DS and flash it back directly to the nand chip

Otherwise unfortunately no.
I mean the FW that was incluided when I bought it, by rule, that firmware should be in the recovery system.

otto888

I break things for a living.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean the FW that was incluided when I bought it, by rule, that firmware should be in the recovery system.
There is no downgrading when formatting the system or using whatever recovery system you're talking about. I hope you made a NAND backup, because that's the only way to go back.

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is no downgrading when formatting the system or using whatever recovery system you're talking about. I hope you made a NAND backup, because that's the only way to go back.
Well, that's a engineering stardard that need to be the facory FW, maybe nobody found it yet.

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Sure you can restore factory settings, but if you had already updated your firmware, it will revert to stock factory settings using that firmware.

If you had updated, that "recovery" will be overwritten with the updated firmware and the previous firmware that was on there will be replaced..

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you kidding me? if you seem to have engineer experience than have at it. Never have I seen a gaming system have the "original" firmware saved anywhere. Once you update to the latest available there's no going back.

Only way is if you made a backup, not to mention this is yrs in the making and SURPRISINGLY if there were a way I'm sure the 3ds dev's would have found it by now.

thealgorithm

Trophies
XP
Country
Would have been nice to have an emergency non flashable bootstrap section for the 3DS. then even if there was a brick, place the SD card in the unit with the firmware and voila...

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Since these threads aren't going to stop anytime soon, I figured we might as well get some entertainment out of them.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... the GBATemp 3DS section bingo card.

d3VSPMF.png

EDIT: That said I hope this post doesn't get misconstrued as mean-spirited or anything. I'm all for helping people in need but always in the respective thread.

Last edited by ric.,

Santaros

Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair this was possible on the PSP via a Pandora Battery. On the other hand were this possible on 3DS, firmware wouldn't be such an issue.

Reactions: Quantumcat

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
about the possibility of previous fw version stored somewhere inside 3ds nand, you can cross that out, people already has access to 3ds nand via harmod, from reading and dumping it, if there's any, they must have found it. they also able write any fw to nand, but the encryption is the one which stop them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y