Any way to get my stock FW?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Billy Acuña, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Billy Acuña
    OP

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico

2. thealgorithm

thealgorithm GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2015
    If you are currently on 9.2 or below AND you have previously made a backup of your system firmware then yes

If you are on >9.2 at the moment AND you have previously made a backup of your system firmware then you will need to hardmod the 3DS and flash it back directly to the nand chip

Otherwise unfortunately no.

3. Billy Acuña
    OP

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    I mean the FW that was incluided when I bought it, by rule, that firmware should be in the recovery system.

4. otto888

otto888 I break things for a living.

Mar 12, 2008
    United States
    There is no downgrading when formatting the system or using whatever recovery system you're talking about. I hope you made a NAND backup, because that's the only way to go back.

5. Billy Acuña
    OP

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    Well, that's a engineering stardard that need to be the facory FW, maybe nobody found it yet.

6. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    lol...oh boy.

7. Dean_

Dean_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 11, 2014
    No. There is no magical recovery mechanism.

8. Billy Acuña
    OP

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    Not "magical" if you have some basics of engineering...
    Don't write if you don't know.

9. thealgorithm

Oct 27, 2015
    Sure you can restore factory settings, but if you had already updated your firmware, it will revert to stock factory settings using that firmware.

If you had updated, that "recovery" will be overwritten with the updated firmware and the previous firmware that was on there will be replaced..

10. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    you kidding me? if you seem to have engineer experience than have at it. Never have I seen a gaming system have the "original" firmware saved anywhere. Once you update to the latest available there's no going back.

Only way is if you made a backup, not to mention this is yrs in the making and SURPRISINGLY if there were a way I'm sure the 3ds dev's would have found it by now.

11. Dean_

Dean_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 11, 2014
    That basics of engineering may be applied on industrial devices but not on gaming device.
    Who does not know anything is not I but you.

Last edited by Dean_, Nov 4, 2015
  12. thealgorithm

Oct 27, 2015
    Would have been nice to have an emergency non flashable bootstrap section for the 3DS. then even if there was a brick, place the SD card in the unit with the firmware and voila...

13. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I think if it was possible to go back without a backup then someone would have worked out how in the 4 years of the 3DS being available and ~3 years of it being hacked.

daxtsu likes this.
  14. ric.

ric. Drivin' to meme country

Sep 17, 2015
    Peru
    Since these threads aren't going to stop anytime soon, I figured we might as well get some entertainment out of them.
    Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... the GBATemp 3DS section bingo card.

[​IMG]

EDIT: That said I hope this post doesn't get misconstrued as mean-spirited or anything. I'm all for helping people in need but always in the respective thread.

Last edited by ric., Nov 4, 2015
  15. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    You can reverse engineer it with your vastly knowledge and let us know when you find it Don Ramon :O

ric. likes this.
  16. thealgorithm

Oct 27, 2015
    I have yet to hear of any console/handheld that keeps a spare recovery of the original OS.

This may be good reading, The bootloader system on 3DS has been gone through with a fine tooth comb

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Bootloader

17. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    gaming system is different....:(

18. Santaros

Santaros GBAtemp Regular

Oct 5, 2013
    To be fair this was possible on the PSP via a Pandora Battery. On the other hand were this possible on 3DS, firmware wouldn't be such an issue.

Quantumcat likes this.
  19. ldeveraux

ldeveraux GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2007
    United States
    That's the beauty of this place. You can tell us what to do and no one will listen to it!

20. honyo29

honyo29 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    Indonesia
    about the possibility of previous fw version stored somewhere inside 3ds nand, you can cross that out, people already has access to 3ds nand via harmod, from reading and dumping it, if there's any, they must have found it. they also able write any fw to nand, but the encryption is the one which stop them.